Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather pulling on my dash...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Thanks Premier. I had actually done this on my 2010 XKR. The results were great. The interior of my DBS is dark just like my XKR was and I do need the UV/Infrared protection.

However, I have two small dark hair thickness lines in my windshield. I have a feeling they are antenna's (one on each side). I know the 3M metallic/ceramic film would interfere with the antenna's. I hope the antenna's don't prohibit putting the film on the windshield.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rscultho
Thanks Premier. I had actually done this on my 2010 XKR. The results were great. The interior of my DBS is dark just like my XKR was and I do need the UV/Infrared protection.

However, I have two small dark hair thickness lines in my windshield. I have a feeling they are antenna's (one on each side). I know the 3M metallic/ceramic film would interfere with the antenna's. I hope the antenna's don't prohibit putting the film on the windshield.
Choosing the right film is very important here. Quick disclaimer - applying any form of window film to windshields are Illegal and meant for off-road use. Now, with that out of the way, you have to pick the right product. We recommend contacting the manufacturer for PhotoSync as this product does not have any compromises.

Pros:
1. excellent heat rejection (Total Solar Energy Rejection and Infrared Rejection)
2. 100% metal free (even some ceramic films on the market have metals in them)
3. High clarity

We have been in the window film installation business since 1997 (actually before we even started doing clear bra apps) and have tested just about every film on the market. This is why we stand behind this product because we truly believe in their technology. (www.prestige-films.com)

Good luck!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 05-08-2014, 01:49 PM
frankgtb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nycabman
Had the same issue with my Virage, passenger side top panel. Dealer tried to stretch and re glue, came back looking like crap. Had them order new leather and dash panel from factory and install. Took a good 2 months but looks new again. I would not recommend repairing yourself, will never come out perfect. Absolutely need to keep out of direct sunlight.

As far as the squeaky brakes, also had numerous dealer visits, tried all the usual fixes, same nonsense... They even replaced the pads, same thing. When I really want it to stop for a day, I brake hard from 70mph a couple times and it goes away for a couple hours...
how was the color and texture match with the new piece????

Old 05-08-2014, 04:20 PM
nycabman will become famous soon enough
Perfect match, however the car was only 1 year old so didn't fade yet.