Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ok...time for extra protection...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:30 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
So I've been checking around and I have spoken with 3 different businesses that say the Blinder can detect and shift the Dragon Eye and the Dragon Eye compact.

Some told me that the AL Priority is using the Blinder Laser sensors.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Very much appreciate your responses and info.

So the guy that professes that Blinder can detect the Dragon Eye compact called me back and said he talked to an engineer at Blinder.

He aid they told him that *nobody* can shift the Dragon eye. But that they were putting out a software update in 2 weeks that would begin to shift the Dragon Eye. He says the Blinder people told him that the youtube videos of the ALP shifting the Dragon Eye were doctored - just relaying what he said they told him.

So, what I would like to do is talk to somebody at ALP. I have seen the youtube videos.

What I do not want to do is toss $3k+ in the trash. Can you recommend a way to speak directly with someone about the ALP? TIA

Old 04-23-2014, 05:11 AM
So you sold me. After researching some more on the Blinder laser shifters, and since it's almost the same cost and does not do Dragon Eye, just gonna go with Bel STi-R and the ALP...

I have an appt at Cartunes...dropping the car off tomorrow evening and picking it up Saturday morning.

Having the Bel STi-R, and 3 front/2 rear AL Priority Laser senors/shifters installed. I would like to have the mirror done as well, but I am already $1200 over budget. Cost of system plus install and tax: $3412

BestRadar - how often are software updates published for the AL Priority sensors? Do you upload the updates via USB or how are software updates installed?

Same questions for the STi-R if you have the info...TIA

EDIT: Also, some one told me that I should consider a 3rd sensor in the back near the tag. He says that shooting you from the rear (don't go there) is becoming more the norm with lasers, and having a chase car "down the road". Also said that overpasses are difficult to protect from given the angle.

Does the tag make it easier to defeat the shifters in the rear? Can a third sensor be added to the rear later?

Last edited by rscultho; 04-23-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:45 AM
So I have had the stuff for a week now. I have run past two Laser "situations" since having it installed.

One was at 4:50AM in the dark. I did not see the "car" on the side of Interstate 285, probably a quarter mile down the road. Suddenly all of the LED's went off and I got the voice and sound, "Laser Alert".

I downshifted to 4th and quickly came down in speed. I started looking and a few seconds later I passed him sitting on the shoulder to the right. I watched him as he watched me go by (saw his head turning as I went past him). I don't know what kind of Laser unit he was using. There were only a couple cars on the interstate, with nobody near me.

I am becoming more confident with the system, but I understand I must still be vigilant and careful.

Bet Radar, if you have any specific info/pointers on how the system works I would be grateful for a PM or a post.

Thanks for your direction and advice.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by BestRadar
Congrats on the saves... There will be many more. Did they install Bluetooth and are you using ALP Connect or are you using the Control Module?
Well, I did not think to ask. I will call them and ask if Bluetooth is installed. It was not mentioned directly to me.

I'm assuming ALP Connect is an app that integrates with the ALP units? If it is an Apple App I cannot use it as I have an Android phone. I'll look into this more.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:37 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
would you recommend to go for AL PRIORITY SYSTEM ?

Old 08-14-2015, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by No32
would you recommend to go for AL PRIORITY SYSTEM ?
I would recommend the system. I have hit Laser "situations" many times and have not had any issues to deal with.

It's pretty expensive. For my Radar (Bel STiR), AL Priority (5 emitters; 3 front, 2 back) and installation I think it was $3600.