Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

updates from all the Eurocharged ECU drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 AM
sryan14610 is on a distinguished road
updates from all the Eurocharged ECU drivers

Hi everyone I am a new Vantage owner (2006 4.3 V-8) and I love it! and this forum.. I saw 007 Vantage's thread about his short term and long term experience with Eurocharged modified ECU as well as a few others at the initial impressions stage. I started this thread to encourage ALL of you out there who have had it done to tell us all about it, both positive and negative if any. It would be great to hear about experiences. If possible please include any hiccups, wear concerns, emissions, etc. as well as HP increase, torque, power band effects, etc. I am planning on getting it done on Thursday in Toronto, Ontario Canada Eurocharged.Thanks!

Last edited by sryan14610; 04-22-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: poor language
Old 04-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Eurocharged had to postpone until Monday

Hi all! Well I am delayed until Monday to get the Eurocharged mod. I will let you know when it is done.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Report of my ECU mod of V-8 Vantage

I was extremely pleased with the Eurocharged results to 007vantage's V-8 Vantage. I can tell you now that I am even more impressed to have it done to my own car! My car went from 353 hp to the motor to 400 hp to the motor. My WHP went from 283 to 320. I am sorry I don't have a screen shot of the torque improvement I hope to get that. If anyone is on the fence about getting your ECU modified by Eurocharged. I highly recommend them. I went to Eurocharged Canada, in Toronto because it is the closest location from me (3 hours). The software is downloaded from the main Eurocharged in Houston Texas remotely. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours. The results were incredible! On my 3 hour drive return home I was on the QEW doing approximately 75-80 mph (going with the flow of traffic), and I kept checking to verify what gear I was in (It was 6th) because I still had power to pull ahead rather quickly compared to before the modification. I have been astounded by how much torque the car puts out at only 5,000 rpm. I will keep this board posted and try to answer any questions, but I tell you it is like having a new engine... Jeremy Clarkson would feel Armageddon when you put the pedal down! If you don't know what I mean watch his review of the 2006 baby Aston Martin. I have attached a picture of the computer screen of my dyno runs as well as my car on the dyno waiting to be tuned.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140428_115440.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	368923   Click image for larger version

Name:	054.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	368924  

Last edited by sryan14610; 04-30-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:24 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey Syran,

Wow! 37 wheel hp was even more than mine! It looks like they made some more improvements on the V2 software because your car's torque gains were even greater than mine. I am sure the car screams on the top end now.

It's hard to describe how much of a difference the tune makes on a forum, now you understand it really is like getting a brand new 4.7L engine installed in your car in the real world. Glad you are really happy with the tune.

If you were to do high flow cats your top end would be crazy as it seems right now power is tapering off at high end bc you are running into airflow limits of the cats. Ebay has a great set of cats for our car for only $1300, might want to check them out. After you do the cats, you can go back to eurocharged for a stage 2 tune for the cats, I am sure you will pick up a good 5hp more on top of the cats gains as well just from a retune. I wouldn't be shocked if you would be making 340-345hp at wheels with high flow cats and stage 2 V2 tune.

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 05-01-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 AM
cats

Thanks for the tip about the cats. I will keep that in mind for some other day. The damper shocks is where my money has to go now! I am very pleased with the sound and power. I haven't really run near red line yet. I tried to reply to private message but I cannot yet. I have not posted enough.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Torque numbers from Tune

The difference between my stock Torque and after the Tune is 216wtq stock and then 243wtq after the tune.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
I cant wait till May 17th. Finally getting car on the rollers.

With all my extra mods I am hoping for some good figures to back up my claims that it has transformed the car.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:50 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sryan14610
I was extremely pleased with the Eurocharged results to 007vantage's V-8 Vantage. I can tell you now that I am even more impressed to have it done to my own car! My car went from 353 hp to the motor to 400 hp to the motor. My WHP went from 283 to 320. I am sorry I don't have a screen shot of the torque improvement I hope to get that. If anyone is on the fence about getting your ECU modified by Eurocharged. I highly recommend them. I went to Eurocharged Canada, in Toronto because it is the closest location from me (3 hours). The software is downloaded from the main Eurocharged in Houston Texas remotely. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours. The results were incredible! On my 3 hour drive return home I was on the QEW doing approximately 75-80 mph (going with the flow of traffic), and I kept checking to verify what gear I was in (It was 6th) because I still had power to pull ahead rather quickly compared to before the modification. I have been astounded by how much torque the car puts out at only 5,000 rpm. I will keep this board posted and try to answer any questions, but I tell you it is like having a new engine... Jeremy Clarkson would feel Armageddon when you put the pedal down! If you don't know what I mean watch his review of the 2006 baby Aston Martin. I have attached a picture of the computer screen of my dyno runs as well as my car on the dyno waiting to be tuned.

stock dyno runs of many vantages are 320rwhp. that should be the norm. if you got 280, something was wrong with the tune. that's only 330 motor HP. our cars are 380hp. they should be 320rwhp on the dyno stock.... minimum!!! that's still only 375motor hp.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XWCGT
stock dyno runs of many vantages are 320rwhp. that should be the norm. if you got 280, something was wrong with the tune. that's only 330 motor HP. our cars are 380hp. they should be 320rwhp on the dyno stock.... minimum!!! that's still only 375motor hp.
XW, yet again you are incorrect. That is done on an older dyno dynamics dyno, those are by far the lowest reading dynos ever because the load is so high. 280whp on an old dyno dynamics is stupid powerful. They don't call it the heart breaker dynof or nothing.

Dynojets numbers are inflated and not realistic at all, so you have it backwards.

Besides, what the baseline is not what's as important as what's the DELTA. The change in power is what's most important

Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by sryan14610
The difference between my stock Torque and after the Tune is 216wtq stock and then 243wtq after the tune.
Those torque gains are peak gains, if you look at the upper rpms the gains are even more than the peak 27ft lbs suggested by peak gains.

Very strong numbers!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
XW, yet again you are incorrect. That is done on an older dyno dynamics dyno, those are by far the lowest reading dynos ever because the load is so high. 280whp on an old dyno dynamics is stupid powerful. They don't call it the heart breaker dynof or nothing.

Dynojets numbers are inflated and not realistic at all, so you have it backwards.

Besides, what the baseline is not what's as important as what's the DELTA. The change in power is what's most important
What do you mean, I'm incorrect? (again) explain!
Do you understand how a dyno work? a dynoject is "chassis dyno". You spin up some large weighted drums (known inertia) and its the rate of change of kinetic energy that IS HP. You spin the drums up at some rate , and that correlates to a HP. Very very simple physics stuff, and very accurate. If that rate of acceleration over the small segmented time periods is such, then it applies directly to a HP value. its that simple!
(after you take in the SAE correction factors such as temp and pressure)
they are extremely accurate, and as i say, you get the 15% loss due to rolling friction as well as transmission losses. allof which i have verified. and by the way, its not 15% from high to low RPM, it changes also. 10hp loss at 80mph on the rolling dyno, to near 20hp at 150mph . this is shown clearly on a coast down test in neutral.

so, if you think the drivetrain has 26%, please tell me how you would account for this and where they come from before you correct me on being wrong. its near impossible to derive that kind of loss and make any sense at all. ive measured the rolling losses, the rest is in the gear box. these days they range from 12 to 20% loss and the 20% usually is reserved for automatics. this is generally known. So, lets account for drivetrain losses. 5% will be due to the rolling friction if you do a 4-5th gear run. the rest is just in the transmission and dif . And that is NO WHERE NEAR the 20% you are insinuating . you are a factor of 2 off. want more proof??? the 20% loss in the transmission would be near 75hp or 55kw. no way there is going to be that much heat in the transmssion (because the losses are going up in heat and noise) its about half of this. ask anyone that really knows his stuff on this one.

I have TON of dyno time Ive correlated the rolling dynos with the brake dynos and didnt see much of a difference. Did a lot of runs on a mustang dyno and got 320rwhp on an engine that got 325 on a dynojet248e. it wasnt that much of a difference.

"load is so high"? makes no sense and how it would read any different. you either make the HP or you dont. if its not calibrated to give power correctly , then that will be a problem. dynojets 248es are very accurate and usuallly correlate with engine dynos which are brake dynos and give raw hp numbers based on torque forces (back EMF) created at different RPM to give HP.

I do agree though, the delta is key.... as long as you dont have a sick car to begin with. if i was the owner, i would take it to a rolling dyno soon, and see what it REALLY makes.

so, what am wrong about, again?? what was the first thing i was wrong about. pretty bold statements with out any info to substantiate your claim.

Last edited by XWCGT; 05-01-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:06 AM
4.7 dyno at 370rwhp

370hp on a brake dyno as seen on this thread

and here is a 2006 at 355ish rwhp on a dyno jet with the power upgrade and exhaust. remember, the gear you run it also can kill 5-10hp per gear. should be done in 4 or 5th gear., not 3rd as some folks do. now that will give some bad reading due to wheel slip and drive train losses.

I would do some research on what has been seen on the dyno. looks like 320 is very common for a stock vantage and that makes sense as it specs out to about 380 ish a the motor.

https://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php...;topic=22391.0

Last edited by XWCGT; 05-02-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:04 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
I had two Vantage 4.3 L. They never have the power advertised by manufacturer.
The first had 330 hp and 361 Nm
The second was 253.5 KW or 345 hp at 7'270 t / m and 378.3 Nm at 4'400 t / m

Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Different dynos have different loads, and there are a lot of variables to consider. Dyno numbers are only good for comparisons when using the same dyno.

I was dyno'd at 343 rwhp and it was a proper figure compared to other cars that were dyno'd that same day on that dyno.

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
XW, yet again you are incorrect.
Please be polite, comments like this will only start arguments.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Re May 17

You won't be dissapointed. They will re-flash your ECU for the life of your car so long as you are original owner. Even if you make mods they will flash with the right software for your changes. Vlad and Slav are the owners of Eurocharged Canada, they are great!

Last edited by sryan14610; 05-02-2014 at 11:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: updates from all the Eurocharged ECU drivers