Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Should Be Ashamed of this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
So take it to the dealer and have them inspect it. If there is a problem that's the way to remedy it. *****ing on line won't fix the problem.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
So the factory QC missed it and the dealer PDI as well
I've not got the time or patience to list the other faults that have occurred on this car
I agree the QC department at Aston is a joke. I think it would be funny to get an engine plaque that says "Final Imspection by Mr Maggoo" (yes, and purposely misspell the word "inspection" for added effect. )

Care to share your laundry list of faults so I know what to look out for when I get my new GT?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:55 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by V12V
... *****ing on line won't fix the problem.
Crap! You mean...

Old 05-22-2014, 11:56 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
There are pedestrian laws that Aston needs to meet to allow vehicles on the road. The laws in the US and the UK have made Aston design and redesign the grills. The newer grills are even worse. There are laws about impaling pedestrians at a certain speed, so break away grills and front end parts are required. Rolls Royce, Bently, Jaguar, Ford you name it all have break parts as well just to meet pedestrian laws.

But it does sound like your grill is broken. They should not easilly pull apart.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:38 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I agree the QC department at Aston is a joke. I think it would be funny to get an engine plaque that says "Final Imspection by Mr Maggoo" (yes, and purposely misspell the word "inspection" for added effect. )

Care to share your laundry list of faults so I know what to look out for when I get my new GT?
I've just had an idea for replacing my inspection plaque!

Laundry List!

1st car MY09 4.7 sport pack roadster
Both wing mirror mounts corroding
Chrome plating peeling from two caliper pistons (both calipers replaced)
Roadster roof mid section wearing from rubbing on frame
Driver headlight plastic delaminating
Driver seat wiring loom shorting preventing adjustment and flattening battery
Tracker played up but suddenly fixed itself when the above was sorted
Squealing rear brakes
Corroding alloys
Boot lock failed
Condensation in both rear lights

2nd car MY12 Vantage S roadster
Wet sanding/polishing debris all over the car after on delivery
Grill fell apart in first week
3 month old battery dropped two cells and resulted in all sorts of electrical gremlins until it was traced, Aston Recovery refused to recover it to the dealer.
Rattle from cubby hole that has not been sorted after 5 dealer visits
Passenger side door speakers distorting because wiring loom was touch the cone
Centre speaker rattling when using the phone as it was not properly fixed in
VERY LOUD squeak from behind passenger air bag, eventually traced after 4 visits by a guy from the factory, resulted in dash and windscreen coming out to fix it
Passenger seat leather very wrinkled, new cover was no better so whole CF seat was replaced
Squealing rear brakes
Corroding alloys
Condensation in one rear light
Paint defects to rear of bonnet and drivers front fender/wing
Manufacturing defect to crown wheel of ASM2 gearbox, AM refused a warranty claim then blocked supply of parts to repair it

That's what I can recall of the top of my head

Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ Wow. I guess I've known you for a long time because I remember when you first brought each of these up on PH.

I remember when you first spec'd your S and the excitement of having it built. I hope that Mr. Maggoo is off on holiday the day my new GT comes up for inspection so I don't share in your experience.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:43 PM
I made a new "imspection badge"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MaggooImspectionBadge_zps88f29c4f.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	378172  

Last edited by karlfranz; 05-23-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:30 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
My new "imspection badge"
I.... I hope you have this made...

Old 05-23-2014, 09:43 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Pretty funny.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My experiences

07 6 speed Vantage - New from factory...

25,000 very aggressive driving miles in city... Initial squeals from engine - fixed under warranty - Aston Paid for transport (400 miles) to dealer - turn around from pick up to delivery 48 hours. No other issues - none. Maintenance - oil changes and two new rear tires - clutch and brakes still OK after 25,000 miles.

09 Sportshift - bought used 10 months ago with 32,000 miles. Now 35,000 miles - issues? Drivers frayed seatbelt - will be fixed free when I bring in for service next month (I did but 2 years factory warranty). No other issues - none.