Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where do you stow the owner's manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 AM
RudyP is on a distinguished road
Where do you stow the owner's manual

The owner's manual for my 2010 Vantage was in the passenger side door pocket when the car was delivered to me (used). I tried to put it in the glove compartment but it does not fit due to its strange long shape. Is it meant to stay in the pax door pocket or am I missing something?

Last edited by RudyP; 05-29-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:44 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
It goes in the glovebox. You just have to angle it a bit.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:49 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Under the passenger seat.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:51 AM
RudyP is on a distinguished road
I guess I will try the glove compartment again when I get home tonight. Must not have fiddled with it enough.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:52 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Try under the front of the passenger seat. I keep mine there most of the time.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
As KarlFranz said, you have to angle it a bit--just fiddle around with it. It will go in but it's a tight fit. Then of course about the only other thing you can put in the glove box is a soda straw, but you'll have to fiddle to get that in as well. Not a particularly good design.

By the way, as I recall, if you look closely at the molding on the box you'll find "Jaguar".

Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
another crazy thing about the AMV8. really, you have to "angle " it to get it to fit. god forbid you put a pencil or pen in there too! I noticed that the first day with the car, and thought to myself... "hmmmm, 6feet of dash board, and you cant figure out to get a set of gloves to fit in the glove box with the owners manual and auto registration??? that designer should be fired too.

yes, you do have to fiddle with it. angle it . And, put the pen, the lighter (that doesn't go in the lighter hole because my phone charger is there), and your registration behind the manual. it will "all " fit nicely!

Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
The problem I encountered with putting the manual in the glove box is that if the battery dies and you need to manual to find out how the jump start the car, you can't get to it because the glove box door requires power. Guess what else? The battery is behind the passenger seat which is also power, including the back release, and you can't get to the battery either. I keep my owner's manual on the shelf behind the passenger seat.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:33 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
There is a manual release for each seat back.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
There is a manual release for each seat back.
Where? Mine has a lighted button on the headrest but it is power only. Mine has dual heated, power, memory seats if that matters.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:03 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
when my car was delivered it was in the glove box. The previous owner has his ipad pigtail in there, for the life of me I can't get the manual to fit now because of the pigtail, tho it was there all along! Just keep it in the boot now.
Chris

Old 05-29-2014, 10:23 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Under PSI
Where? Mine has a lighted button on the headrest but it is power only. Mine has dual heated, power, memory seats if that matters.
Pull the strap at the top of the back seat (below the head rest)... Put the owners manual under the rear shelf that's behind the seats.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Under PSI
AXA already answered this. All sport seats have a manual seat back release. Doesn't matter if they're heated or have memory. RTFM!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:30 PM
AXA already answered this. All sport seats have a manual seat back release. Doesn't matter if they're heated or have memory. RTFM!
I'll take a look when I get home. I don't recall having seen one. Manual is sitting now on my desk at home as I have had to read it numerous times to find out how to fix all the crap that seems to go wrong on these cars. Must have missed the "here's the manual release for when yet another problem occurs on this car" section.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
unless you have light weight seats
In which case you need a booster pack to get to the battery
My manual lives in the glove box correctly angled up at the back
I have a PDF copy and know the "emergency" essentials

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where do you stow the owner's manual