Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

An Aston Martin as a "pick up" device.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 03:50 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Oh no. I've been googled!
haha your story is very similar to another couple I know and for a moment I seriously wondered if you were a friend of mine and I never realized it

Old 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Lot's of life lessons to be learned here....

Old 05-29-2014, 04:01 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
So, if you wanted to use your car that way, just how does it enter the conversation? 'Hello, I'm Michael and I drive an Aston Martin' would be a complete turn-off for anyone I'd want to meet.

I have collected dates in a nice car, and its been a surprise to the girl, that seems a much better way to do things, but by the time you're collecting them for a date, you're way past the pick up stage

Old 06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
The kind of woman that would be attracted to me because of my car is exactly the kind of woman that I would not want to be attracted to me.
+2

Driving in LA the Aston seems pretty transparent though. Funny enough I got more comments on the ol' SLK, a girl once asked me for my number...
Needless to say I know better, and also no reason to with a wonderful girlfriend.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Try this:

1) Wait until 15 minutes after last call then drive by the bars in your Aston
2) Look for a girl holding a cell phone
3) Pull up next to her and go "Did you call for an Uber?"
4) Reply to this thread with the results

Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Not nearly as much as a Gallardo... Lamborghini is on a different scale. However, I have always secretly quizzed (none of them had any idea what cars I have 2 Lambos and 2 astons) every girl when the topic of exotics cars always comes up and the results were always surprising. Of the dozen or so times I have asked girls which exotic car do they love for themselves and/or their potential man to drive...

I am literally not joking when I say "Aston martin" are the next two words that always come out of their mouth, WITHOUT exception 100% of the time. If that doesn't speak volumes about the Aston brand then I don't know what does. It is the best exotic in the sense that it says you are an established gentleman without giving the negative stigma do looking like you are "trying too hard" to show off. I think that's why it appeals to woman the most, it's the best of both worlds.

With that said... I NEVER use the car because I love the challenge of doing it with 100% skill. I show nothing, I say nothing... Not until a few months into it do I nonchalantly pick them up one day in the car as if it was nothing. Warning: if you use this slow-roll strategy, she will fall in love with you every single time (bc 99% of guys would never do it that way). She will respect you 10x more using that strategy too.

P.S. Lamborghini will eliminate months worth of games and she will give it up so easy... But it will always bother you knowing it wasn't skill that did the job, you were just fishing with dynamite. Lambo great for short term, Aston great for long term

Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
must confess I have never used the car to pull a chic, that is a bit shallow but like all men we have needs and ego's, met a "belter" one night in mid summer at a local whiskey bar (rated in the to 3 on the planet) i do not dress with all the labels and am not really loud, she would not budge and i really wanted to get to her undies, even more so as i downed the scotch
needless to say i went home dik in hand but armed with he number called her the next day it was a Sunday convinced her to let me take her for a sundowner, picked her up in the Aston (she was very impressed- cos she did not expect that a guy in jeans and a t shirt drives a AM) then i whisked her to the airport and took her in The helicopter (that blew her mind) ... long story short the toys and my confidence won me her bed for the weekend and my god was it fun, could i have cracked her if i told her i was unemployed and broke?? I do not think so.

I am not suggesting we need brag about our toys... but as good mate of mine (he is a Judge) says what is the use of power if i cant abuse it and yes i know what you all thinking shallow dik head ok i agree but for the record we never made it to the bed, we did it on the bonnet of the car in hanger in the bar toilet and it was fanfukingtastic I have promised i will stop this childish behavior from next year

Old 06-03-2014, 04:05 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by programmatore
Try this:

1) Wait until 15 minutes after last call then drive by the bars in your Aston
2) Look for a girl holding a cell phone
3) Pull up next to her and go "Did you call for an Uber?"
4) Reply to this thread with the results
Brilliant.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:33 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XWCGT
fall in love with the car..... its cheaper in the long run!
Amen!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Some of the replies here were/are classic!!

Last edited by terminal_ac; 06-11-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 AM
frankgtb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XWCGT
fall in love with the car..... its cheaper in the long run!
+1

the aston will only take half your wealth to maintain

Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
The kind of woman that would be attracted to me because of my car is exactly the kind of woman that I would not want to be attracted to me. I already had one of those before. Good riddance.
Karl, Terminal probably means pick them up to enjoy them not marry them!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Yup. She asked me out.

And we've been together for almost 10 years

Like the song says, life's been good to me so far!
How did I miss this thread.....it's great

Well done Karl!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM
kylepetree is on a distinguished road
In my experience my car seems to be transparent in most cases, even living in Toledo (NW Ohio) where cars like these are not common. I'm guessing because it's gray and not a loud color. However it did work once. I was at a local ice cream shop, it was a nice day so the place was packed. I walked up to the window and I told the girl working what I wanted and she said "Nice jacket!" noticing my Aston branded jacket. I was so taken aback by it and asked back "You know what this is?!" she then grabs her phone and shows me that she has a One-77 as the background and goes on about how Aston and McLaren are her favorite brands. I then offered her a ride in it when she got off work, which she took me up on. Nothing happened after that but it is what it is.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
One of the best compliments of my life was when a certain someone stated they expected me to drive an Aston. Rendered the car an ineffective accouterment though however. Still working on that gal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An Aston Martin as a "pick up" device.