Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Shipping time....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Shipping time....

Ok-

So apparently, the build of my vehicle is complete. Anyone have any clue as to how long it takes these dang things to get over here (i.e., from the UK to the the US)?

Thanks all....

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Dunno, but I suspect they prolly wait until they have a few ready and ship them all en masse. If so, then it really depends if you are at the leading or tail end of the shipping group.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I think they carry four or eight cars per container, that's how Lotus shipped the elises. I wishI were waiting for a new Aston GT!

Originally Posted by karlfranz
Dunno, but I suspect they prolly wait until they have a few ready and ship them all en masse. If so, then it really depends if you are at the leading or tail end of the shipping group.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Arrrgghhhh, the old "rack em" and "stack em".

I wish I were that special that they'd ship only one car at a time!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:31 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
yeah, but that means you'd have a big burly longshoreman driving it on board!

Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Arrrgghhhh, the old "rack em" and "stack em".

I wish I were that special that they'd ship only one car at a time!

Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 PM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
Time from factory build to showing up at the dealer in the US is 4-6 weeks.

Henry

Old 06-10-2014, 04:50 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Hmm. If it it winds up taking that long Aston may have a problem on their hands. My new GT is supposed to be built middle of July. If it doesn't get here by August 31 and the Federal government still hasn't awarded Aston the FMVSS 214 waiver they requested, the car won't be allowed into the US.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
the waiver's not based on the build date?

Hmm. If it it winds up taking that long Aston may have a problem on their hands. My new GT is supposed to be built middle of July. If it doesn't get here by August 31 and the Federal government still hasn't awarded Aston the FMVSS 214 waiver they requested, the car won't be allowed into the US.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I wonder how that would end up if the exemption is not approved? 4-6 weeks is a pretty standard sea shipment time, and it could potentially be longer with any sort of customs issues

FF

Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by zvez
the waiver's not based on the build date?
Good point. As far as I can see it applies to all Coupes manufactured after 9/1/14 and all convertibles after 9/1/15........

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...equirements-of

Last edited by FatFrank; 06-10-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
My understanding is that it goes by build date, not arrival date. Could be wrong but that is what I was told.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Hope you guys are right.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:22 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
So if they can't sell cars built after September 1st, what are the chances they will be building them right up to August 50th?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelD
So if they can't sell cars built after September 1st, what are the chances they will be building them right up to August 50th?
Zero chance!!!

Btw, my vehicle departed the distribution center as of June 12, 2014!

Old 06-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Zero chance!!!

Btw, my vehicle departed the distribution center as of June 12, 2014!
..it's not through US customs yet...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shipping time....