Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wood grain Vinyl wrap for sundamaged Db9 wood trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Wood grain Vinyl wrap for sundamaged Db9 wood trim

I tried 3M Ni-DOC woodgrain Vinyl wrap for my 2009 DB9 it had sundamage and particularly ski slope was quite ugly faded un evenly.
see pictures before and after.
Cost was only like $ 50
I like the look and feel, almost feels as good as wood, may be I am not too picky?
If it starts separating in Florida head next step would be to get wood trim panel refurbished at approx. $ 650-700

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1007
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	389729   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	389730   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	389731   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	670
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	389732   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	389733  

Last edited by Wildcat1212; 06-21-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 06-21-2014, 04:20 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good from a distance. Personally, I like the ski slope fade pattern. I think it gives the wood its character.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Surprised how good this looks. I normally hate anything fake, but it sure beats the cost of replacing the original panels. Nice job.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
It looks good in pictures, though it's difficult to tell what it would look like IRL. But I think it would eternally bug me to know that the interior of my Aston Martin is covered in what is essentially contact paper. All it would take is a tease from one of my friends for me to want to remove it and have it done right.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:46 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
This feels like sacrilege. The quality of the Aston interior is a highlight of the car.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by karlfranz
It looks good in pictures, though it's difficult to tell what it would look like IRL. But I think it would eternally bug me to know that the interior of my Aston Martin is covered in what is essentially contact paper. All it would take is a tease from one of my friends for me to want to remove it and have it done right.
In person it looks better then in pictures. It has more wood pattern and shine. I will try to post better quality pictures.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Looks good from a distance. Personally, I like the ski slope fade pattern. I think it gives the wood its character.
XJRS you mean in general you like faded wood pattern or the one in picture here?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
XJRS you mean in general you like faded wood pattern or the one in picture here?
I think your ski slope is perfectly fine the way it is. No reason to 'fix' it.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Your wood

I think it looks great compared to the faded wood.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:23 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I think your ski slope is perfectly fine the way it is. No reason to 'fix' it.
In the first picture it looks like the lower left corner of the sat nav screen is lifting.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
In the first picture it looks like the lower left corner of the sat nav screen is lifting.
Yes Karlfranz you are absolutely right.
I am not sure if anything can done for that?

Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 PM
K9COP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RossL
This feels like sacrilege. The quality of the Aston interior is a highlight of the car.

You are joking, right? 'the quality of the Aston interior', is, in fact, shocking for a six figure car. Painted plastic, shrinking leather, rattly brake lights, squeaking steering wheels.... No, the quality of the Aston interior is a joke. If Hyundai can make an interior that doesn't fall apart in ten years, why can't Aston Martin?

K9

Old 05-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by K9COP

You are joking, right? 'the quality of the Aston interior', is, in fact, shocking for a six figure car. Painted plastic, shrinking leather, rattly brake lights, squeaking steering wheels.... No, the quality of the Aston interior is a joke. If Hyundai can make an interior that doesn't fall apart in ten years, why can't Aston Martin?

K9
If you think a Hyundai has a quality interior as compared to an Aston Martin, you are in some other universe. The quality of materials in an Aston is beyond reproach. Doesn't mean that there aren't issues with things squeaking or loosening.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Did you have to take apart the panels to apply the 3M film?

Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 AM
PNW
PNW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by K9COP
You are joking, right? 'the quality of the Aston interior', is, in fact, shocking for a six figure car. Painted plastic, shrinking leather, rattly brake lights, squeaking steering wheels.... No, the quality of the Aston interior is a joke. If Hyundai can make an interior that doesn't fall apart in ten years, why can't Aston Martin? K9
I can agree with this to a point. The painted plastic in the interior has always bugged me - namely the door trim where the handle is located, the center stack with the radio ***** and such, and center console area by the front seats. Even my 335 has actual brushed aluminum trim in the interior. I do think Aston missed the mark on that.

As for the wrapped wood. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up over time. Can you see a printed pattern on the wood or does it look real even up close?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wood grain Vinyl wrap for sundamaged Db9 wood trim