Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

- BG Stop Squeal: Finally a cure for Aston Martin Brake Squeal issues -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:40 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey guys,

Having had a chance to put a lot more miles on the brake pads since I applied the BG stop squeal I have yet to hear a single squeak pr squeal even once! Even pushing my brakes incredibly hard, still nothing. There are no indications it will ever "wear off" either as it seems.

I really do believe this is the best cure for brake related noise problems for our cars. Best part is it's also by far the cheapest solution too.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:43 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AMCan
Has anyone using the stop squeal noticed a reduction in the amount of brake dust?
You know it's funny you mention that, I have felt lately like the dust has been less but I wasn't sure if it was purely psychological or real. It's very hard to quantify it but if it did reduce brake dust it would only be by 5-10% tops, nothing like switching pads. But then again I learned the hard way switching pad compound even to ceramic is not such an easy swap after all.

The great thing about BG is it can be applied to any type of pad and yield better results. He only pad it may not eliminate squeal completely is a race pad compound (for obvious reasons).

Hope that helps

Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 PM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Hey guys,

Having had a chance to put a lot more miles on the brake pads since I applied the BG stop squeal I have yet to hear a single squeak pr squeal even once! Even pushing my brakes incredibly hard, still nothing. There are no indications it will ever "wear off" either as it seems.

I really do believe this is the best cure for brake related noise problems for our cars. Best part is it's also by far the cheapest solution too.
I want to do the same as you. So just to be sure, you applied the product to just friction side of the pads and not the back side. Do you think 2 bottles is enough to do the entire job? Thanks again.

Kiet

Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by koolkat1973
I want to do the same as you. So just to be sure, you applied the product to just friction side of the pads and not the back side. Do you think 2 bottles is enough to do the entire job? Thanks again.

Kiet

Hey Kiet,

Correct, you just apply to the friction side, you do not apply to the backside. Most pastes that apply to backside don't do anything and usually just make a big mess. 2 bottles is more than enough, it's actually double the recommended usage but it ensures you get full penetration into the pads. By following my method of applying the first full bottle to all 4, waiting 20 min to dry then reapplying the 2nd it ensures you get full penetration all the way to the backing plate.

Hope that helps

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 09-20-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey Kiet,

Correct, you just apply to the friction side, you do not apply to the backside. Most pastes that apply to backside don't do anything and usually just make a big mess. 2 bottles is more than enough, it's actually double the recommended usage but it ensures you get full penetration into the pads. By following my mood of applying the first full bottle to all 4, waiting 20 min to dry then reapplying the 2nd it ensures you get full penetration all the way to the backing plate.

Hope that helps
Awesome. I've ordered 2 bottles so I can't wait to give this a try. I will not drive the Vantage until I've tried this fix. I simply can't stand the brake squeal right now. It's such a loud squeal that it's quite embarrassing. Thanks again for all your help.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Yes it was getting very embarrassing to drive the Aston with the squeal... It's been so long since I have had hat issue that I forget just how bad it used to be trying to come to a stop.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes it was getting very embarrassing to drive the Aston with the squeal... It's been so long since I have had hat issue that I forget just how bad it used to be trying to come to a stop.
I finally got around to apply the BG No Squeal on my existing OEM pads yesterday and I'm glad to say that it fixed my squealing issue. I drove my car this morning and did not hear any squeal at all. I can't believe this little thing fix the issue. Crossing my fingers that this is not just a short term solution. That squealing was downright embarrassing.

Special thanks to 007 Vantage for making me aware of this fix. I would also like to add that doing brake works on the Vantage is super easy. I've done brakes on BMWs, Hondas, Toyotas and have to say that this was the easiest by far.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear it helped out.

Yes our brakes are part brembo, part Ford so they are very simple to work on. It should be a permanent fix, still no squeals even to this day. The super cold winter will be the ultimate test, but as of yet not a single squeal once over many many months.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Awesome! Glad to hear it helped out.

Yes our brakes are part brembo, part Ford so they are very simple to work on. It should be a permanent fix, still no squeals even to this day. The super cold winter will be the ultimate test, but as of yet not a single squeal once over many many months.
Urgh!!! My worst fear was realized yesterday as I was driving her to a car meet. After 20 minutes of spirited driving and then coming a stop at a light... I heard a squeal . So now the squeal is back. I think I will order the Porterfield pads and combine it with the BG No Squeal solution and hope that will be a more permanent fix. Thanks again tho for the suggestion.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You shouldn't need it with the Porterfields.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Wow, that's odd. Give it a couple more days, may be possible deposits on the rotors. If not there couple be some other problem at work. Mine are stock OEM pads and it cured them complete. Put over a thousand miles on the car since then in city driving and no squeals yet.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm happy to report that after replacing my OEM pads with Porterfield brake pads, I am no longer getting the squeal. I replaced both front and rear pads and did applied BG No Squeal to the pads. So far - no squeal at all. Crossing my fingers and hoping that this is a permanent fix. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Awesome, great to know. May try those for my next set of pads when these wear out

Old 11-15-2014, 06:06 PM
PhoenixRising is on a distinguished road
Thank God I found this thread. I didn't have any squealing issues for about 6 months due to bedding them in well when I changed the pads. All of a sudden it started up again, and it's the ONLY thing that makes me want to sell this car.

This weekend I pulled the pads and ground off some material to let it bad again. It worked great for a couple days then started back again. I was considering going to a 2-piece Willwood or Brembo set to see if that works, but I wasn't happy about spending $2k on a 'hopeful' fix.

I just purchased some BG Stop Squeal and am so excited to check this stuff out!

Thank you for this thread!!

Old 11-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by karlfranz
You shouldn't need it with the Porterfields.
Yep, not a peep since I put my first pair on (with shims and copper grease).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: - BG Stop Squeal: Finally a cure for Aston Martin Brake Squeal issues -