Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brit Pack Straddles Pond

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Hmm. Mickey, what speeds were you going at exactly? 950 miles in under 12 hours means an average speed of 80 mph! Not counting for traffic or fuel stops, etc. that means you must've been traveling at hypersonic speeds.
Well, 79.1667 (rounded to 4 places). Needless to say, they were moving!! Good stuff!!!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:24 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
He said under 12 hours, which is why I rounded it to 80 mph.

Last edited by karlfranz; 10-03-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Plus pit stops

Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Plus pit stops
and a 45 minute train Journey under the channel (that was even faster!)
The BR package means even at that "rate of progress" it's still like sitting on the living room sofa watching a film of scenery fly by

Old 10-03-2014, 05:08 PM
rbobby is on a distinguished road
Whatever radar/laser avoiding system he has, I want it.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
joe_vantage is on a distinguished road
Hello Mike and Greg
Great to have you back on this board and right in my desert landscaped backyard! I have been very interested in BR products and services I'll definitely be giving Greg a call or bringing my AM by to say hi

Last edited by joe_vantage; 10-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Welcome back to 6speed as a Sponsor Mike. I hope the USA proves to be a successful venture for you

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-04-2014, 08:56 PM
atlvantage is on a distinguished road
Mike, do you perform the gearbox swap that can change a 2006 Vanquish S to a manual?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned
Mike bamford rose will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by atlvantage
Mike, do you perform the gearbox swap that can change a 2006 Vanquish S to a manual?
no we don't, but we have looked into it for a client who decided not to do it after actually driving a manual. The conversion is quite simple in reality.

our approach is to make work the best it can the current system. This does include a gearbox strip / evolution and rebuild then set up of asm unit which returns fast / faultless shifts and good traffic crawling.

but if you are set on going manual, perhaps because you have driven one, then ok. But for me, driving manual vanquish has one aspect which makes it a supercar removed, and the sense of occasion for me was dulled by having stick shift instead of asm, another reason why faultless set up of asm is our approach.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Banned
Mike bamford rose will become famous soon enough
@ Stuart and Joe Vantage. Thanks for the warm welcome back guys

Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You know, England's a teeny, tiny place. Scottsdale? Might as well be on the moon for us East Coasters (where most of the AM dealers are, cough, cough).

If I were setting up shop, AZ wouldn't have been my first choice...look at a map of US AM dealers, put your facility in the midst of the greatest concentration.

I agree. A sound long term strategy might be a location in the middle of the USA (Texas sells a disproportionate number of Astons) and one on the east coast should be considered. If you choose your partners closely, those three locations could generate a fair amount of business without losing the exclusivity or Q/C expected.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM
GregBritishAutoAZ is on a distinguished road
Hello from British Automotive Repair

Hello to all 6 Speedonline members.

My company, British Automotive Repair, would like to thank all the board members for such a warm welcome to your site. Mike and myself are very happy to be part of the forum group.

British Automotive is a full service repair facility located in the wonderful, rust free, Scottsdale AZ area. We are a short 1 mile drive from Barrett Jackson Auction. We welcome all Aston Martin owners that may be in the Arizona area to stop by a see our facility. We have a wonderful tribute wall to the winning 1959 Aston Martin racing team. Our service facility is clean and very well orginized. We have the most current AMDS. All service parts are factory OE.

I welcome the opportunity to work with any forum members.

Check out our web site at. www.Britishautoaz.com An independant Aston Martin Repair facility.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard, Greg. Glad you've partnered with Mike. Judging by the pictures, your facility looks really nice and you come highly recommended. Your website, on the other hand, needs a little help. It has a bit of '90s vibe going on. You might want to hire a web professional to look at a redesign to give it a look worthy of a business working on such fine automobiles. Cheers.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:24 PM
joe_vantage is on a distinguished road
I stopped by British automotive today and spoke with Greg, shop owner and Mike from Branford Rose who was in town. First off let me say Greg has a beautiful shop with a definite focus on modern era Aston's with plenty of old school eye candy around! I spoke with Mike for quite some time he truly has a vast knowledge of our cars and how to make them perform. I have been researching all high horse power options supercharging, TwinTurbo's and building the motor. The Bamford Gt4 engine definitely sounds like a sweet option. It's great having Bamford Rose here in the states especially working with such a great shop like British Automotive of Scottsdale I would recommend anybody who has a chance come check it out.

Last edited by joe_vantage; 11-04-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:43 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=The conversion to 5.0L is clearly attractive at 550 BHP, but that is our halo upgrade and is a 'reassuringly expensive' price, which is not for everybody. The route of a cheap to source 4.3L which gets converted into GT4 spec does represent a very good bang for buck return imho (this was the route project Teaspoon took). Project Money Penny took this route also (GT4 spec 4.7L) which we will display in a week or so and will have a couple of our new hardware developments included in the build spec, we are hoping to top 500BHP from that motor. Of course, those mods will equally carry across to 5.0L making that project 565BHP

Full Bamford Rose GT4 motor build is a machined from billet crankshaft (optional, std crank in reality is durable and deleting steel crank significantly reduces engine budget), steel rods, upgraded pistons, lightened and balanced to F1 standards bottom end, ported and blueprint cylinder heads with large (larger than std 4.7L) inlet and exhaust valves, lightweight flywheel and twinplate clutch, BR headers and 200 cell density cats and the all important ECU reflash to make the 4.7L GT4 sing as it should.[/QUOTE]

Are the GT4 4.7 and GT4 5.0 upgrades the same specs that Aston Martin offers on the factory race cars they sell?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brit Pack Straddles Pond