Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brit Pack Straddles Pond

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AJN334
Are the GT4 4.7 and GT4 5.0 upgrades the same specs that Aston Martin offers on the factory race cars they sell?
No very different
They are built to BR's own specs for the GT4 race series (and win many)
AM have never built a 5.0 GT4 engine

Old 11-05-2014, 05:54 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikey k
No very different
They are built to BR's own specs for the GT4 race series (and win many)
AM have never built a 5.0 GT4 engine
For comparison, what are the horsepower/torque variations for the oem AM GT4 cars?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Banned
Mike bamford rose will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AJN334
For comparison, what are the horsepower/torque variations for the oem AM GT4 cars?
from racing division....
original 4.3L = 420bhp
4.7L = approx 440 bhp (is stock engine with k+n and one brick from cat missing)

original 4.3L was ported head, whereas 4.7L heads were never ported hence why BR do this.....

a blueprint 4.7L (still compliant with FIA regs) @ 460 bhp

where being compliant with regs is less important, a max power engine @ 480 BHP, and max power with full BR exhaust 500BHP.

5.0L at current spec is 530bhp, and with twin throttle inlet manifold is 550bhp

Old 11-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Banned
Mike bamford rose will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by joe_vantage
I stopped by British automotive today and spoke with Greg, shop owner and Mike from Branford Rose who was in town. First off let me say Greg has a beautiful shop with a definite focus on modern era Aston's with plenty of old school eye candy around! I spoke with Mike for quite some time he truly has a vast knowledge of our cars and how to make them perform. I have been researching all high horse power options supercharging, TwinTurbo's and building the motor. The Bamford Gt4 engine definitely sounds like a sweet option. It's great having Bamford Rose here in the states especially working with such a great shop like British Automotive of Scottsdale I would recommend anybody who has a chance come check it out.
Thanks for your kind words Joe, yes, Greg's facility is really nice isn't it. The reception area is a cool place just to hang out, always full of petrol heads to chat with, which in Pheonix / Scottsdale petrolheads are not in any short supply - what a great car culture there is. Greg's collection of race memorabilia, books and signed posters is very interesting, to say he is a fan of all the British brands is certainly a massive understatement.

Here is Greg and his Aston team

After an extended break i just got back so will start looking into some options to get either a crate engine GT4 into your Vantage or convert your existing engine.

We started 2 jobs whilst we were visiting, Vanquish ASM to Manual conversion;

The Black Vantage here got lightweight flywheel / twinplate clutch and exhaust manifolds and cats

The specification fitted to this Vantage was;
Upgrade from 380 to 425BHP with much sharper throttle response and a motor that revs to the redline from 1000 rpm with significantly more urgency, from tuned equal length exhaust manifolds, 200 cell catalysts, N400 Airbox upgrade, 3 way exhaust valve control switch (permanent loud / permanent quiet / switching as per current settings) and ECU remap
For additional engine acceleration / urgency we fitted a lightweight flywheel, when the accelerator is pressed the engine really does rev up astonishingly quick, the lightweight flywheel has fitted to it the uprated twin plate clutch which transforms interaction with gearbox, making shifts much faster / smoother / slicker.

All Bamford Rose exhaust products are made on-site, by us in the UK meaning parts supply, fitment and after-sales support is truly a one-stop-shop.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:44 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Dang! I wish I lived in Scottsdale! It seems in the atlanta area no other options other than the local dealer............

Old 11-18-2014, 06:33 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Great looking facility!

Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Good to see some BR cars hitting the US

Old 11-19-2014, 02:08 PM
joe_vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mike bamford rose
After an extended break i just got back so will start looking into some options to get either a crate engine GT4 into your Vantage or convert your existing engine.
Nice to see you have projects started already! I look forward to hearing your plans for a GT4 motor!

Last edited by joe_vantage; 11-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:19 PM
NastyPirate is on a distinguished road
Having read this whole thread, I am compelled to admit to my prior knowledge of Bamford Rose before they came to the States. I also want to give my take on Greg and his staff.

A number of years ago, I was lurking on PetrolHead. I was searching for the information that would create a special Vantage, and wanted to learn as much as I could. I came across Mike (the BR guru) who gave advice and information about the AM brand as though he had been in the trenches with them.

I sought him out. We spoke ad nauseum about what he could do with a car for me. We even talked about an investment in his firm to bring them to the U.S. We made plans.

As things sometimes go, my finances went paws up (thank you, bankers). I had always felt cheated that I did not get my Vantage with Mike at the helm.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. My finances having risen like the proverbial Phoenix, and me back in the game, I called Greg in Scottsdale to ask what he could do if I bought a DBS. He even offered to help find one for me. Guys, Greg is Mike 2.0. He knows his stuff.

Mike will read this and remember me. Greg will read this and, for the first time, read that I have a deposit on a new '14 Vanquish. I love the DBS, but this opportunity is too good to pass up. Greg will appreciate why this was a no-brainer decision.

When delivered, it's going to Scottsdale for some R&R. The hp will be great, but not necessary for my life. The TCU tweaks will be helpful. The ECU flash will be---efficient. But most of all, this will be about having a storied engine operating as it could have been developed to run in the first place. And I want it to sound like an Aston, regardless. That, my friends, is the key. Will I ever take it to the limit? Not likely. I just like knowing that the engine, gearbox, etc. will operate at a level that should have been achieved from the factory.

Hello, Mike, and welcome to the States....

Last edited by NastyPirate; 07-20-2015 at 11:21 PM.