Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Winter Projects

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:44 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by biggynuts01
I also decided to pull the trigger on the KW V3 coilovers.

It should be ready soon.
Can you post your impression of those once you've gotten some time with them? Really interested in them and curious as to how they feel under civil use as well as when pushed hard.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:08 PM
darylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of light
thermostat for myself, hopefully tires to replace the bridgestone's!! or possibly wheels and tires if santa is nice!

Old 11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Rerefinish the SP2 wheels (didn't like the first attempt ) if that doesn't work some Forge Stars
Lower it about an 1"
Work out how to get heaters in to my light weight seats
PC the front, bonnet and wing grills all black
Design and find a local supplier to do me some GT4 engine and sill plaques
Colour code the S sills in body colour and satin black wrap

Last edited by mikey k; 11-03-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:02 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
Work out how to get heaters in to my light weight seats
I'm about to install some aftermarket seat heaters in my 4Runner, I'll let you know how it goes. Might be a viable option for you.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
I'm about to install some aftermarket seat heaters in my 4Runner, I'll let you know how it goes. Might be a viable option for you.
I've done it on a couple of S2000's, it's easy enough
Problem on the AM light weights is they have supports/stiffeners sown in to the leather that get in the way of fitting one mat. I might have to buy a couple more and wire them all up together

Old 11-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Ah, okay. The leather on my 4Runner seats is aftermarket (looks OEM), so it's a pretty straight-forward installation. Just remove the covers, stick the heater elements in, reinstall the covers, run the wires/switches.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Adding a couple things to my winter to-do list:

Replace the spark plugs
Get fuel injectors clean and flow matched
Fix my fuel gauge problem

Flow matching fuel injectors rarely comes up on car forums, but I've had it done and the before/after is pretty impressive. Worthwhile, I think - especially on a several year old car, especially especially when the car runs as rich as ours do.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I love diamond quilt stitching in cars. Adds a lot of style and class when done right!

And this box just showed up! 14" in front, 13" in the rear, aluminum hats. Some big, beautiful discs right there

Lol, down the the damage on the box, this looks identical to the one I still have sitting in my garage. It's been there since the initial group buy over a year ago. I finally got the car in for service a few weeks ago, sent off the rotors and new porterfield pads with it and got the word back that the current rotors were fine and the pads were only 70/80% despite a few track days ... Can't believe that actually disappointed me but I couldn't bring myself to pull off and throw out good discs and pads ...

Btw, they did install your catch can for me at the service visit

Last edited by Aston.Ca; 11-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:48 AM
theegolden1 is on a distinguished road
Black out the front grill, hood vents, and side vents.
Redo the front seats (currently has wear and tear).
Order new rims and color match lip of rim to color of car.
Possible front splitter and rear diffuser.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Lol, down the the damage on the box, this looks identical to the one I still have sitting in my garage. It's been there since the initial group buy over a year ago. I finally got the car in for service a few weeks ago, sent off the rotors and new porterfield pads with it and got the word back that the current rotors were fine and the pads were only 70/80% despite a few track days ... Can't believe that actually disappointed me but I couldn't bring myself to pull off and throw out good discs and pads ...

Btw, they did install your catch can for me at the service visit
You install parts like I do - leave them in the garage for a while and eventually get to it lol. I've got a few things for both my V8V and 4Runner still sitting around, some from the beginning of Spring!

And my rotors and pads are still doing well, too. I'm keeping the OEM rotors and my current pads as spares just in case something happens.

Let me know what you think of the catch can once you've put some miles on it!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
Got my clutch finished and it's amazing. Much smoother than stock. The car also feels faster and lighter.

It's now at trinity getting the kW v3s installed. I'm pretty excited because the stock dampers were to soft on the rebound and caused the car to be too bouncy with hr springs.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 PM
trwnsgy is on a distinguished road
Adding a couple things to my winter to-do list:

Replace the spark plugs
Get fuel injectors clean and flow matched
Fix my fuel gauge problem

Flow matching fuel injectors rarely comes up on car forums, but I've had it done and the before/after is pretty impressive. Worthwhile, I think - especially on a several year old car, especially especially when the car runs as rich as ours do.
Where will you have this done? I've been thinking about having this done as I'm running really rough and have some misses. Use to do this on my race bikes, but the guy that did it unfortunately met with an early demise.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by trwnsgy
Where will you have this done? I've been thinking about having this done as I'm running really rough and have some misses. Use to do this on my race bikes, but the guy that did it unfortunately met with an early demise.
Haven't decided for sure yet. Witch Hunter and Fuel Injector Clinic are the two I'm looking at right now. Looking at $20-22 per injector. $160+ isn't cheap, but that breaks down to $2.50 per injector per year on my 2007 V8V.

I've used a company called Deatschwerks in the past on the STi I built and they did a good job, just looking to see what else is out there.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:32 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold

Okay this is in. Plus the glass switches will go in too during the thanksgiving break. Just need a moment to get it done.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 11-23-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:21 PM
I didn't care too much for the V12VS grille until I saw what K-F did with his. Now I keep wondering what color I'd want to inset in mine if I were to swap over...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Projects