Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Winter Projects

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Winter Projects

I was going to start this thread yesterday but got distracted by something shiny and forgot until this reminded me:

Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Love it.... The winter projects are beginning.
Anyone have any winter projects they're undertaking on their Aston?

I've got 2-piece brake rotors, brake pads, Jag thermostat, and a set of wheels on the way, plus a bunch of end-of-year maintenance to do and some blemish repairs. I'm also getting some leatherwork projects started.

What's everyone else got planned?

Last edited by telum01; 10-31-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:09 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I just attempted to wrap my key fob backing with a new leather. failed miserably lol

Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Have collected a bunch of mods/projects that have been set aside till the end of the race season. With a successful NASA season behind me, and the Eastern Chumpionships at VIR first of December, hope to tackle all the following soon.

Performance:
Headers
High Flow Cats
Tune (not sure who to use yet)
Telum V1 Originale Catch Can

Visual:
Carbon Front Splitter
V12 Vantage sills
Lowering Springs (have H&R, but really want Velocity as soon as they are available)
Wheel Spacers
Black Exhaust Finishers
Vinyl Wrap trim Black, and vinyl wrap door sills
Clear Front Markers (need to acquire)

Completed:
6 Bar Carbon Edition Black Grille
Carbon Fiber Side Strakes
Black Grill Meshes

Gonna be busy, but fortunately have access to a 2 post lift now

Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
CRAP I need to get tuned. How do I keep forgetting that? lol... add that to my list!

Old 10-30-2014, 05:16 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by telum01
CRAP I need to get tuned. How do I keep forgetting that? lol... add that to my list!
What mods do you have and who are you having do the tune?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by bluebarchetta
What mods do you have and who are you having do the tune?
Power stuff: 200-cell cats, rear exhaust, AM Power Pack, uprated clutch, catch can

Handling/braking stuff: 15mm front wheel spacers, 20mm rear spacers, brake cooling ducts, springs, Michelin PSS tires

Stuff stuff: Lloyd floor/trunk mats, shorty antenna, iPod/sat radio integration, window tint, LED interior lights, clear wrap on front half of car

On order/yet to be installed stuff: 2-piece front and rear brake rotors, brake pads, wheels, racing brake fluid

I know I'm forgetting other stuff. I was supposed to get a set of headers but I had a huge pile of vet bills over the last few months so I put a bunch of stuff off, the headers included. I'm getting the tune through Stuart (VelocityAP).

Last edited by telum01; 10-30-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Mostly cosmetics this winter for spring emergence from the "Bat Cave".

Interior/Trim
Complete Carbon fiber dash (gear shift support and stereo surround, ash tray cover)
Alcantara Shifter
Glass Switches

Exterior
Clear side markers
Black headlight bezels
Black Window Surround

Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Grill (i.e., V12S)
Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pipes
Carbon Fiber Rear Shelf

(I'm undecided on whether to change the speakers grills and the vent covers to black).

As it stands, my feeling is that there are too many competing colors in the interior. Granted, a little more uniformity in color may make a dull interior but my sense is that it's overly lively as it presently stands. I guess, I can get those pieces and see how they look installed.

Also not sure whether to install carbon fiber door caps and door sills. My concern is overkill with the carbon fiber.

I've also got a couple more things in mind, but I'm not going to reveal ALL my secrets!

Old 10-30-2014, 03:31 PM
action-ant is on a distinguished road
Cats, tune, and air/oil separator can.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Rebuild seats with more padding and diamond pattern backing.

Maybe cats.

Maybe reverse camera

Maybe clear tail lamps

Old 10-30-2014, 11:18 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I was going to start this thread yesterday but got distracted by something shiny and forgot until this reminded me:

Anyone have any winter projects they're undertaking on their Aston?

I've got 2-piece brake rotors, brake pads, and a set of wheels on the way, plus a bunch of end-of-year maintenance to do and some blemish repairs. I'm also getting some leatherwork projects started.

What's everyone else got planned?
I'm curious on the leather works project. I have a few scuffs, scrapes and wear on my seats and have considered some repair, but not too sure about it. What do you have planned?.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
leather work

I had 2 SLK's both with the same problem of the Vantages... seats that have hardly any padding (on bottom). I had both redone but took a chance on the second one by having Dick & Rick (a local Minneapolis shop) change out the leather inners and replace them with a diamond pattern stitching (also adding some slight padding). The previous color was red (I personally do not like red interiors). The cost for everything installed was $2,100. Doing the Aston, they recommended changing the leather where there is wear instead of covering it up. They said the cost will be similar (not doing the door panels this time).

Below is the before and after pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DoorPanel.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	406487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	406488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior3.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	484.7 KB
ID:	406489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior4.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	406490  
Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
I love diamond quilt stitching in cars. Adds a lot of style and class when done right!

And this box just showed up! 14" in front, 13" in the rear, aluminum hats. Some big, beautiful discs right there

Old 10-31-2014, 03:54 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jmargolese
I'm curious on the leather works project. I have a few scuffs, scrapes and wear on my seats and have considered some repair...
I had the bolsters done on my SL500 a while back from the top leather guys in my city, and they stained/painted over the white stitching. Otherwise it was like new. Just something to remember if you get this done and like me you want perfection.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:32 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
Since my clutch exploded 3 weeks ago my car has been in the shop - GMG racing for the past month.

I am getting the RSC lightweight flywheel and clutch combo, and spacers.

I also decided to pull the trigger on the KW V3 coilovers.

It should be ready soon.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
I love diamond quilt stitching in cars. Adds a lot of style and class when done right!

And this box just showed up! 14" in front, 13" in the rear, aluminum hats. Some big, beautiful discs right there

I had those installed a month ago. Very nice upgrade! I have noticed weight reduction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Projects