Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wheel and Tire recommendations for V8 Vantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Question Wheel and Tire recommendations for V8 Vantage?

Hi everyone.

Long time member, but I've been MIA since selling my Carrera S.

The good news is now I'm an Aston Martin owner! I just picked up my '07 V8 Vantage, and I want some new wheels!

What do you guys recommend?

I looked through the picture thread and really like the HRE P40SC's. You guys own some beautiful cars with very nice mods!

It looks like many went with the 20x9 fronts and 20x11 rears. I saw offsets for the v12 vantage. I'm not sure if they differ for the v8.

Any other wheels I should consider? How about tires?

Lastly, which shop should I buy from?

My new AM V8V project car!

I look forward to hearing from you and learning more about this awesome car!

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:19 PM
rbobby is on a distinguished road
Michelin pilot supersport. I think if you search through the forum, you won't find anyone that has anything bad to say about it. Way better than stock Bridgestone imho.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new car!

It seems the common options for wheels are Forgestar, ACE (I don't know if they're still making them for our cars, though), HRE, D2 Forged, ADV.1 ....I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

Offsets are going to depend on your comfort zone. I've seen several specs from other people that I wouldn't want on my car - main reasons being that my car is *really* low and I drive it really hard, so I don't want to worry about rubbing issues. That means I run a slightly conservative spec. I'm keeping the OEM size on my new set but changing the offsets. The set I have on order are 19x8.5" +35 front and 19x9.5" +40 rear. Most people go with wider wheels but I don't want to add weight by adding width. With sticky enough rubber, these widths aren't an issue.

Most of us are probably going to recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They're hands-down the best tire I've ever used.
I'm running 245/40R19 in front and 285/35R19 in back and I'm very happy with them.

As for shops, I've been using our forum sponsors for most things and have been very happy with all of my experiences. I'd say call a few up and see what they can do for you.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by telum01; 10-29-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:23 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Really helpful information, fellas. Thank you.

Rbobby: Thanks for the recommendation. I find it really helpful when I hear from those with experience.

Telum01: I'm with you about being close to OEM spec, with regard to the wheels. This car I bought came with aftermarket 20's, and I can feel heaviness of the wheels in the steering. I generally like heavy steering and feedback, but I did question the steering feel with these aftermarket 20s.

I have no frame of reference with stock since it didn't come with them, but I imagine they feel better than what I'm currently set up with.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm personally not a fan of 20's on the Vantage, they're too big for my taste. I think 19's are perfect. I have some rolling shots in this thread that show my setup really well:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...te-street.html

Visually, it's the OEM 19" 7-spoke wheels (repainted in "hyper" silver), 15mm spacers in front, 20mm spacers in rear, and H&R springs.

The offsets for my new wheels basically replicate adding 15mm spacers in front and 22mm spacers in the rear.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vantage! And welcome to our world. The 2007 seems to be a popular year to pick up used I know I did. Is your car a stick? Even though my car came with the optional 19 inch wheels from the factory, Imupgraded to the split spoke lightweight 19 inch Aston wheels. But I don't think you can go wrong with what you're thinking of doing everyone does their own thing.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	406338  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:17 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I'm not a fan of 20s either, IMHO the wheel kinda overpowers the look of the car. For me my dream wheels are the AM Sport wheels (like in Ron Avery's pic). and for my black car I'd have them done in anthracite or perhaps a satin black, these are 19" wheels and I believe a half inch wider in the back.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	406339  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:18 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Sheesh Ron! Great minds, I was working on that post with the same pic you used, still my fav wheels of all time!

Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Nice Vantage! And welcome to our world. The 2007 seems to be a popular year to pick up used I know I did. Is your car a stick? Even though my car came with the optional 19 inch wheels from the factory, Imupgraded to the split spoke lightweight 19 inch Aston wheels. But I don't think you can go wrong with what you're thinking of doing everyone does their own thing.
Ron

Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Lol these guys ^^^

Old 10-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys. The stock wheels do look great! Wow!

I'm struggling with the very issue mentioned above: finding a wheel that accentuates the amazing lines of the Vantage, without overpowering it.

The wheels on the car now are very blingy (20 inch wheels, shiny). Unfortunately they came with the car, and the stock wheels were sold. I want something more understated.

I'm still doing more research. Looking through the aston martin pic thread is always a treat anyway!

Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
I have the lightweight wheels in my 09 with sport pack. Best AM wheels IMHO. I talked with an ex-aston engineer (pretty high up guy) and he told me tose were designed from engineering data, to make them as light as possible. They were DB9 wheels but were used in the Vantage I think 1 or maybe 2 years top. Unsure if they're still offering them?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bleen
I have the lightweight wheels in my 09 with sport pack. Best AM wheels IMHO. I talked with an ex-aston engineer (pretty high up guy) and he told me tose were designed from engineering data, to make them as light as possible. They were DB9 wheels but were used in the Vantage I think 1 or maybe 2 years top. Unsure if they're still offering them?
When Ron got his from Galpin, he said they had another set on-hand. Not sure if they're still available, though. They're by far my favorite AM factory wheel.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I just bought my wheels about a mounth ago. The dealer still has one more set in stock (or at least they did). Plus many of the new Vantages on there lot have the same wheels on them.
Ron

Old 10-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I just bought my wheels about a mounth ago. The dealer still has one more set in stock (or at least they did). Plus many of the new Vantages on there lot have the same wheels on them.
Ron
Yeah, but they're not shown in the online configurator...

Old 11-02-2014, 12:22 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Pilots on 360 Forged 9x20 up front and 11x20 rears ..... H&R springs ... Looks much more aggressive IMHO ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire recommendations for V8 Vantage?