Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Nav System Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:17 AM
kdavos is on a distinguished road
New Nav System Updates

Hello All ...

This may be a foolish question...on the new model AMs how do we update the Nav Info. I have a 2014 V8V Roadster and was just wondering

Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The software gets uploaded by the dealer via an SD card in the boot.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:39 AM
kdavos is on a distinguished road
Thanks for info!
I was looking for the SD Slot on the side of Nav screen and all through out the interior cabin.

Are the update proprietary to AM or can we directly to TomTom/Garmin

Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kdavos
Thanks for info!
I was looking for the SD Slot on the side of Nav screen and all through out the interior cabin.

Are the update proprietary to AM or can we directly to TomTom/Garmin
Try pulling the SD card, and copying the files to a comp. Then look at them closely and see what company they go to. Then you might be able to reproduce the reading files and change out the maps. Just a thought.

Make sure you ONLY copy files, then put it back. HAVE no idea if putting on a different SD card and using it will work, freeze the system etc..... Keep original----original only mess with backup files and spare SD card. Merc used same start up files and running files just changed out map information. So might work.

It is possible the only info is on the SD is Map info. Then its just a matter of proper comp language new maps. Probably a simple batch from Garmin, Magellan, etc......

Old 07-01-2015, 01:03 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I just picked a 13 V8V recently. I was driving toward a highway built about 4-5 years ago and it isn't there. Does anyone know the latest version, when it became available, and how I manage to get it? Thanks.

Last edited by deckman; 07-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.