Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wheel Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:36 PM
BeenThere is on a distinguished road
Wheel Removal

I've search this forum and more, read the manual, etc. and can't find an answer to this simple question: How do I remove the front wheel? I don't have a flat, I just need to take the wheel off. I'm can't figure out how to do this basic task.

Out of nowhere, I start getting a horrid metal-on-metal scraping sound out of the right front wheel. I just want to examine what it might be. Recently, my son had a similar issue with his BMW 330 CI. Turns out he had a small pebble stuck between the rotor and caliper. Took the wheel off to examine and it popped out - problem solved. Lot's of new construction around me and thinking it might be the same thing. Or - something else - I just want to examine.

So, is there anything as silly as just being able to jack up my car, take off the wheel and look around - without putting it on a lift?

2009 V8V Coupe

Thanks

Last edited by BeenThere; 06-30-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Details
Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
I suspect this information should help you out...there's lots of information on the forum regarding jacking pads as well.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
V8 Vantage Jacking Points.pdf (223.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-01-2015, 12:14 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Take a look at this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ngine-bay.html

We touch on the subject of jacking up the car which I had to do for the first time. Not too bad although I did buy special jackstands to do it.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:00 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
If it's just a rock in the brakes (happens to me once in awhile) it usually falls out on its own. Backing up & braking sometimes helps to dislodge it.

Last edited by yvr; 07-01-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Nonsense
Old 07-01-2015, 08:09 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yvr
If it's just a wheel in the brakes (happens to me once in awhile) it usually falls out on its own. Backing up & braking sometimes helps to dislodge it.
What?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
What?
Originally Posted by yvr
If it's just a rock in the brakes (happens to me once in awhile) it usually falls out on its own. Backing up & braking sometimes helps to dislodge it.
Fixed it!

Old 07-01-2015, 03:53 PM
BeenThere is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
I suspect this information should help you out...there's lots of information on the forum regarding jacking pads as well.
Thanks All for the info.

I've had the car for a year and haven't had any issues other than a bad rear turn signal light. I made the mistake of pointing that out to my wife and within 24 hours this happens.

I'll dig into this and see what I may have going on in there.