Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP V8 Vantage Sport Lowering Springs New Product Launch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
VelocityAP V8 Vantage Sport Lowering Springs New Product Launch

Okay guys, here's the official Launch!!! Ride height reduction is 7/8", or 22mm. We have a special promo code on the website for a $100 discount for the next 10 days, or you can just email or PM me as always and get the same discount.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...mv8springs.htm

Info:
VelocityAP springs use exclusively high quality, high stress X5K Spring Steel. Although considerably more expensive than regular steel, this new generation steel allows us to further improve upon the original Aston Martin spring design by reducing the amount of steel required in a spring. VelocityAP springs are therefore substantially lighter (by approximately 30%) and reduce the solid height therefore increasing travel. X5K Spring Steel is used in almost all top levels of Motorsport, giving a hugely successful endorsement of its characteristics & proven durability.

In addition to the superior materials, these springs also feature a unique manufacturing process that sets them aside from most OEM & Aftermarket applications - a Tapered Wire Progressive Rate design. The Ultimate in Design. The principle is simple: By using a tapered rather than constant diameter spring wire, our springs achieve a truly progressive spring rate over the length of their compression & travel. The spring rate increases when you need it (cornering) and decreases when you don't - yielding a smooth and supple ride over bumpy surfaces. The best of both worlds!

By using this unique manufacturing method, we can achieve a substantial increase in spring rate with huge handling benefits with no loss of ride comfort. As the spring de-rates, the shock absorber no longer struggles for rebound control and gives improved vehicle stability.

Benefits:
  • Reduced Weight
  • Improved Ride Quality
  • Improved Handling
  • Better Visual Appearance
  • Improved Shock Absorber Function

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
BTW - the final production units are going to be dark grey.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Mike bamford rose will become famous soon enough
Well done Stu, the engineering activity to develop one spring across 8 V8 platform combinations / variants is quite amazing, and must have needed painstaking development. You now offer something H+R don't which is an upgrade spring which fits both dynamics damper Vantage (<2009) and Bilstein damper Vantage (>2009). The hurdle was one spring which straddles both Dynamics damper cars and Bilstein damper cars due to the major differences, but you have cracked it - well done, a string in the bow for Velocity.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Mike bamford rose
Well done Stu, the engineering activity to develop one spring across 8 V8 platform combinations / variants is quite amazing, and must have needed painstaking development. You now offer something H+R don't which is an upgrade spring which fits both dynamics damper Vantage (<2009) and Bilstein damper Vantage (>2009). The hurdle was one spring which straddles both Dynamics damper cars and Bilstein damper cars due to the major differences, but you have cracked it - well done, a string in the bow for Velocity.
Thanks Mike. Took a little longer than I had hoped but as you've said, it is a lot of work

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-27-2014, 09:17 AM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Well done, Stu! Have you had a chance to test these on sport-pack and non sport-pack dampers? Is the drop and everyday ride quality the same?

BTW, that's a great price for such an advanced spring. I was always worried about scraping if I lowered on the H&R's, but now I might start considering a slight drop and some new shoes

Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Well done, Stu! Have you had a chance to test these on sport-pack and non sport-pack dampers? Is the drop and everyday ride quality the same?

BTW, that's a great price for such an advanced spring. I was always worried about scraping if I lowered on the H&R's, but now I might start considering a slight drop and some new shoes
Thank-you. Really pleased to have some unique suspension offerings. We were fortunate enough to have both a Sportpack and Non-Sportpack car to test these springs and the fitment and drop was measured as being the same, or at least very similar (within tolerance.) It's slightly unscientific measuring but within a reasonable variance the drop is about the same.

Likewise, hard to compare the impressions of separate individuals in different locations but again, feedback has been very positive so far.

I like the look of a bigger drop but I think it is just too much compromise for some people on both practicality and ride quality so I think this is a good middle ground.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-27-2014, 01:20 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Very interesting and good timing!
I've been pondering how best to drop mine a little
What are the spring rates so I can work out the difference to my S spring rates?
How are you dealing with the dimensional difference between the early Dynamics and later Bilstein dampers?

Old 11-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by mikey k
Very interesting and good timing!
I've been pondering how best to drop mine a little
What are the spring rates so I can work out the difference to my S spring rates?
How are you dealing with the dimensional difference between the early Dynamics and later Bilstein dampers?
Thanks Mikey. I'm not familiar with the spring rates, I left that all to the engineers. It's also not a simple answer because they are not fixed rate springs like the OEM, or even dual rate springs like an H&R. So the rate is not constant throughout the spring but rather progresses on a fairly gradual scale. I could probably find out the low & high points but it depends upon the point you pick in the compression/travel I guess as to what the effective spring rates are.

The springs have been fitted to both damper types with great feedback so far.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-27-2014, 10:03 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome Job Stu, looks like the best springs out there.

BTW, how long were the springs on the car when those pictures were taken? I am curious is the springs will "settle" even more over time to be just a little bit lower.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Awesome Job Stu, looks like the best springs out there.

BTW, how long were the springs on the car when those pictures were taken? I am curious is the springs will "settle" even more over time to be just a little bit lower.
Don't know the exact mileage, but they had been on for a little while by that point so they should be more or less settled out.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-01-2014, 12:26 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I tried to pm you for a set but have not heard from you yet.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I tried to pm you for a set but have not heard from you yet.
Sorry, been on the road for a while and a bit of catching up to do. But check your PM's, I just replied probably 2 minutes before you posted

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Thanks Stuart for getting back to me! I look forward to trying the new springs out!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:26 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Springs update

Just an update here. LOVING the VelocityAP on the V8V. The rate seems to be truly progressive. I've now hit my two "trouble spots" around town, which are mid-corner bumps. One I usually take at around 30mph and the other at full chat in 3rd around 65mph. Both were handled with aplomb, less initial bounce and dampened much quicker than either stock or the H&R's. These things are the bomb.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Waiting to hear if they will fit on my car. Crossing my fingers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP V8 Vantage Sport Lowering Springs New Product Launch