Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DIY, I replaced the Battery on MY08 V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
DIY, I replaced the Battery on MY08 V8V

Rather Difficult and takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Remove the package-panel that is behind the seats.
Remove the foam that covers the battery located behind the passenger seat.
Remove 3 screws and one bolt that hold down the passenger side chrome trim
Lift up the Chrome strip and pull the top of the upholstered panel toward the front
That panel is being held at the bottom by two nuts that are on studs--remove these nuts.
Lift up the plastic from the studs so you can pull-up the two tabs from the studs that are holding the bottom of the panel. Now you can remove the panel exposing the battery hold-downs.

The battery hold-downs consist of two sliders on the bottom front and a strap over the top. Use an allen wrench to remove the 4 bolts holding the sliders in place. Use a socket to remove the two bolts holding the strap in place. Now you can remove both sliders to the left by fiddling around to get them past a wiring loom.

The battery cables are secured by nuts that are screwed down over a cone to clamp the cables to the battery post (interesting, I've never seen it done that way). Loosen the nut (don't completely remove it) holding the Negative Cable and remove it and place out of the way. Loosen the nut holding the Positive Cable and remove it.

The Battery can now be slid out toward the front of the car, and there are two handles built in to the top of the battery so you can easily lift it out.

Reinstall all the pieces by reversing the procedure. After the Battery is in place, be sure to install the sliders first, then install the battery strap before securing the sliders (the strap goes in between them and there must be room for it. Easy Tip: Install the bolt in the front of the strap first, leaving it loose, then install and tighten the bolt behind the battery.

NB: To avoid having to reset windows, etc. because the battery was disconnected, you can buy a "Schumacher INC-12V-OBD 6' Cable Assembly" from some place like Amazon, as recommend to me by Don L who posts on this site. Worked very well for me. (Thanks Don!)

Last edited by dicktahoe; 01-15-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
A word of caution...

If you use the cable assembly, use a low amperage source and be sure that the loosened positive battery cable doesn't touch ground...otherwise you'll be in for some expensive repairs to electronic components!
Wrap the + lead cable end in a non-conductive material (electrical tape?) and position out of the way, and away from grounds.
Proceed with the battery replacement.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 PM
darren08 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. I looked back there but saw the foam under shelf and thought I was looking in wrong area!!

Thanks again

Old 08-07-2018, 04:21 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
great instructions , all but the "side panel" removal.. that didnt make sense , and ended up doing it without removing it. the front panel removal with the instructions of the lower studs and nuts was key . 35mins and lots of swearing.
UGGGG no room to work and too many things to remove. should a one bolt removal and out...........why so complicated . you could have a 500 spin roll over crash and the battery would still be in place.