Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Rapide owners input?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road

I'm looking into buying a heavily optioned 2011 Aston Martin Rapide. I found one with low miles and priced right. Which made me consider buying it before asking anyone about the issues and reliability. So I'm asking what's the problems I may face in a 2011 AM rapide? And what's the estimate cost of the maintenance?

Old 02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
I have heard only good things, beautiful car.

I drove both the Rapide and Rapide S back to back. Obviously the exterior styling among the two is different however from behind the driver's seat the Rapide S does feel significantly more powerful, more then the actual figures. As with other Aston Martin's I feel like the car is limited by the stock tires and the ride/performance would benefit from a change. All the running gear found in the Rapide line is shared with other models so I think you can expect similar reliability as a V12 vantage or DB9...

Old 09-29-2015, 05:06 PM
iglobal2010 is on a distinguished road
have a morning frost white Rapide... No problems with it so far!

Great car as long you have a good dealer network in your area.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:16 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

I just love the Rapide! If I'd had the funds it's what I would have bought. I like the grille of the older ones better than the whale shark looking new grille, but the engine upgrade of the S is just huge.

Even my daughter, who loves my Vantage, says it's a shame only one passenger can fit. I think it's the best looking sedan in the world hands down. If you are considering it measure your garage. It's seriously long.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 PM
iglobal2010 is on a distinguished road
Rapide

I was thinking of installing the bumper of the Rapide S. It is very easy to retrofit. I will think it over! Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by deckman
I just love the Rapide! If I'd had the funds it's what I would have bought. I like the grille of the older ones better than the whale shark looking new grille, but the engine upgrade of the S is just huge.

Even my daughter, who loves my Vantage, says it's a shame only one passenger can fit. I think it's the best looking sedan in the world hands down. If you are considering it measure your garage. It's seriously long.

Morning Frost White Aston Martin Rapide

Old 11-11-2016, 09:17 AM
klmc is on a distinguished road
A bit late to comment here - but for what it is worth I had a 2012 Silver Blond Rapide for 4.5 years and had no issues with it whatsoever - absolutely loved it. I drove around 14,000km in it in total. It was maintained at Aston Martin official service once per year.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I would absolutely love a Rapide if I had the money for one. I like the original grille better than the current one, but of course styling is subjective. I'm on the smaller side so I fit just fine in the back seats, but they are made to be similar to sport seats, not a huge plush bench. The way I see it, the rear seats are a far more usable version of the 2+2 DB9 seats, and the Rapide could be seen as a DB9L.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:27 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
Couldn't agree more with above comments. I have had a Rapide S for about 2 years. It gets just as much attention as exotics. Always get asked what type of car it is and it stops traffic. I imagine these may be one of the lowest true production cars made by AM.
Drive is outstanding and performance of the S is no joke. For a heavier car it handles great and has plenty of oomph with the V12.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:22 AM
klmc is on a distinguished road
Almost have second thoughts having sold the Rapide now - very special car

Old 11-13-2016, 07:45 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Has anyone successfully fit a baby stroller in the Rapide's trunk? Or is there not enough space?

Old 11-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Bromaguire is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irvineboy
Has anyone successfully fit a baby stroller in the Rapide's trunk? Or is there not enough space?
Does anyone have a respond to this? I'm having two Rapides inspected next week and I plan on buying one but there both out of town so I can't test fit a stroller. I did read somewhere else a guy fit a stroller in the back and was able to put a car seat in the back seats. I have an 18 month old and another on the way so this is important I info for me.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:59 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
My stroller did not fit in the trunk. The baby car seat can out in the back seat but it is a pain to get in, and secure it.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Bromaguire is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
My stroller did not fit in the trunk. The baby car seat can out in the back seat but it is a pain to get in, and secure it.
Can't believe I'm asking this. What stroller model do you have?

Old 11-30-2016, 01:18 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Lol.

I'm interested in the answer too. I have a 3 month old and would need to fit a car seat and stroller.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:28 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
It may not be ideal but if you only have one child in the back seat you could put the other seat in the down position and the stroller would fit in the trunk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Rapide owners input?