Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage S with a manual transmission

Old 02-28-2015, 08:56 AM
Jeff Young is on a distinguished road
I'm biased as I own one, but maybe, maybe not.

If only 75 or so are coming to the Americas, that's not many on the street. Now, if they do an about face like they did last time and make 1000, maybe.

But at say 40 or so cars in the US? I don't know. That's almost like saying the One-77 would affect Vanquish values.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff Young
I'm biased as I own one, but maybe, maybe not.

If only 75 or so are coming to the Americas, that's not many on the street. Now, if they do an about face like they did last time and make 1000, maybe.

But at say 40 or so cars in the US? I don't know. That's almost like saying the One-77 would affect Vanquish values.
But of the 1000 original V12s only a few hundred made it to the US. We're not talking huge differences in quantities & there are so many choices in the breed now. It's as bad as the 20+ variations of the 911.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Jeff Young is on a distinguished road
Not disagreeing per se -- I think not holding their value (the first round of V12V cars) is one possible outcome. But this is "exotic car values" and a lot of things can happen.

V12V values could drop. Or, if only 40 of these cars come to the US, and say 20 of them are coupes, then 20 out of 175 or so (I think the total count of V12V in the US is something like 155), then I don't see much impact on price. And if the V12V RS is priced in the 250k range like the folks in the UK seem to think, then it's really in a different price class.

No idea really. Could play out any number of ways. I do think it is going to be hard to get your hands on one of these, especially if you want a manual coupe.

Last -- you are right. Too many variants. Not like Porsche though, this reminds me of Lotus mid 90s before the switch to the Elise and V8 Esprit. Lotus would cobble special models together with parts and sell a few cars -- the 93.5 Esprits that were part SE and part S4, the S4S, the Sport 300, etc.

I'm totally guessing but my feel is this is not AM reacting to the market place, but trying to clear the lines before the switchover to the new Mercedes stuff. Take a few of the 6 speeds laying around, some of the new motor, and finish out a few body shells and sell them for a premium.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:15 PM
ohTHATeric is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yankee04
This pretty much kills the idea the previous V12 manuals will retain their value better as being the "last manuals".
Who knows? I will have a definitive answer for you in about 20 years. It is entirely possible that no one will want a V12 Vantage of any kind in 20 years. Or, collectors may value it . . . it's a fickle market.

That said, we are talking about a very small number of additional cars being a V12 manual. If the manual is only an option for the V12 RS, then maybe even fewer cars as some owners/dealers may opt for ordering the SSIII transmission.

For me personally, I could have purchased a V12 S but I like the look of the V12V more (plus manual transmission). So, I opted to purchase a used V12V rather than a new (or used) V12S. I'm intrigued about the RS but not enough to put down a deposit (though I hope AXARUNNER will give me a ride in his when it arrives!!).

Last edited by ohTHATeric; 02-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Eric: Yes, of course you can take it for a spin! When the car arrives would anyone out there want a BRG V8S with a six speed

manual?

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 03-01-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-02-2015, 05:22 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Rumours are true. There will be 102 build worldwide, 76 coming to The Americas (includes Canada, Mexico, South America.) US allocation is 2 cars per dealer, will be roadsters and coupes.

Likely around $225,000. There may possibly be some GT3 derived check-box options (centerlock wheels etc.)

When you talk about a model they are building 102 of worldwide, I assume you are talking about the 'RS model' that others have referred to in this thread rather than simply a manual version of the V12VS, as there would be little point in limiting the numbers if it was the latter

If so, is RS manual only, flappy only or the choice of either ?

I'm not doubting your intel, but nevertheless find it odd that they would make any model where 75% were bound for the Americas unless the other 25% were for non EU (incl UK) markets, so that they could then launch an equivalent but slightly differently named model for the EU, as UK without the EU accounts for 20-25% of total AML production and even more of V12V production

They have made the Vantage GT just for the US and then Vantage N430 for Europe and the cars are almost the same so I'm guessing something similar for this is possible

However the bit I'm really keen to know more about is whether RS has a choice of transmission - as a manual V12 owner, I'd be rather miffed to find they are bringing back manuals, from a residuals angle

Old 03-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Finally!

Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have more info on this? I'm still skeptical on the numbers posted because it makes no sense. However, Aston has made some very odd decisions before (cignet)