Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage S with a manual transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
V12 Vantage S with a manual transmission

My dealer just informed me that the V12 Vantage S will be built with a manual transmission with build starting the last quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm this... (regardless, I left a deposit and am 1st on the list)...
Which makes me crazy as I simply don't know what color to choose...
Silver Blond?
Quantum Silver?
Scintilla Silver (Q Colours)?
Dubonnet or Regency Red?
Goodwood Green?
Vulcan Green (wife hates that color)

Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Yep, I was told the same thing yesterday and was told it'd be called the V12 Vantage RS.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Dan - I see Goodwood Green coming your way.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:18 PM
ohTHATeric is on a distinguished road
Interesting. Any more details? Is this a close out model for the Vantage V12? I've heard rumors that the Vulcan represents the last new V12 model Aston will produce.

Oh, and obviously, Goodwood Green.

And am I correct in remembering that the Vantage V12 RS was the name of the concept V12 Vantage before it was introduced? Are we coming around full circle?

Last edited by ohTHATeric; 02-26-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:38 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
My dealer just informed me that the V12 Vantage S will be built with a manual transmission with build starting the last quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm this... (regardless, I left a deposit and am 1st on the list)...
Which makes me crazy as I simply don't know what color to choose...
Silver Blond?
Quantum Silver?
Scintilla Silver (Q Colours)?
Dubonnet or Regency Red?
Goodwood Green?
Vulcan Green (wife hates that color)
Obviously you can't have a "right" answer until you know what interior color(s) you want.

I'm a firm believer in metallic on Vantage bodies. Beyond that, hard to say. I was always a fan of Doublellow7's Magma? (or was it volcano?) Red Vantage S. How about Diavolo Red? Black or Grey interior with Red accents! Done!

Old 02-26-2015, 01:42 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ohTHATeric
Interesting. Any more details? Is this a close out model for the Vantage V12? I've heard rumors that the Vulcan represents the last new V12 model Aston will produce.

Oh, and obviously, Goodwood Green.

And am I correct in remembering that the Vantage V12 RS was the name of the concept V12 Vantage before it was introduced? Are we coming around full circle?
Yeah, you're right - the concept was called the RS as well. So I don't know if the name will stick, that's just what I was told it'd be.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
That's awesome. My vote would be for Quantum Silver or Skyfall Silver (with a black interior) or Black (with a tan/brown or red interior).

Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Anything else different about it? If it's really a stick with some other fun bits I might need to reconsider my GT3 RS

Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Rumours are true. There will be 102 build worldwide, 76 coming to The Americas (includes Canada, Mexico, South America.) US allocation is 2 cars per dealer, will be roadsters and coupes.

Likely around $225,000. There may possibly be some GT3 derived check-box options (centerlock wheels etc.)

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-27-2015, 11:10 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Wow, AM finally listened! This would be the ultimate Vantage Always thought RS would be the perfect name for it

Old 02-27-2015, 12:06 PM
ohTHATeric is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Rumours are true. There will be 102 build worldwide, 76 coming to The Americas (includes Canada, Mexico, South America.) US allocation is 2 cars per dealer, will be roadsters and coupes.

Likely around $225,000. There may possibly be some GT3 derived check-box options (centerlock wheels etc.)
I'm intrigued. Is is manual only or is that just an option?

And again, this sounds like a "end of line" type model. True?

Old 02-27-2015, 01:45 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Eric: I don't know... I agree that its probably an end of the line type model. I love the idea of center lock wheels. I also love Jet Black with a Chestnut Brown and black gut. Black corse stitching. Lots of carbon fiber. Guys: google that Scintilla Silver color as thats pretty special too. No one does metallic paint (or paint for that matter ) like AM.
Silver Blond with a black roof would be pretty special too IMO.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:51 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Center locks is a PITA. It might look good but it really sucks to own and try to tighten or remove your wheels.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP

Something doesn't seem right with this based off my very limited understanding of NHTSA new car requirements. I thought every new car has to be crash tested twice (front impact and side impact). Meaning if they bring a coupe and convertible, they are totaling 4 cars to sell ~60 in the USA. That doesn't seem profitable to me.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
This pretty much kills the idea the previous V12 manuals will retain their value better as being the "last manuals".

Last edited by yankee04; 02-28-2015 at 08:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 Vantage S with a manual transmission