Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:14 PM
BrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura about
Oh, that kind of "tune"...I have the VelocityAP ECU flash/tune, and it was unaffected by the Bluetooth upgrade.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:27 PM
kaj
kaj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EspritNOOB
Just left Newport Beach Aston and paid $2855 installed. Yes my friends I am an idiot and the world's worst impulse buyer.
Damn, 3K for a Bluetooth upgrade. I am an idiot too, so idiot to idiot let me know what you think of it, thanks.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:58 AM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kaj
Damn, 3K for a Bluetooth upgrade. I am an idiot too, so idiot to idiot let me know what you think of it, thanks.
Paid for it but have not had it installed yet. Had to order. Should be here by Friday, will report back.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 PM
kaj
It's only $1300 installed in my MY12.25 Vantage, what a bargain!!!

Old 03-13-2015, 07:30 AM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kaj
It's only $1300 installed in my MY12.25 Vantage, what a bargain!!!

WHAT???? My kit alone costs $1900 just for the parts.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:12 AM
kaj
Originally Posted by EspritNOOB
WHAT???? My kit alone costs $1900 just for the parts.
Yep, for my car it's:

$120 for the config file (Part No. ZL702802) + $700 for the Bluetooth Module (Part No. ZLFD43-37-10142) +
$440 Labor +
$70 Tax

Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 AM
HenryM is infamous around these parts
I think the bluetooth upgrade for the 2007 models and earlier also requires and includes the iPod upgrade. The iPod upgrade requires a new infotainment screen which is expensive. When I had the iPod upgrade installed on my 2007 V8 Vantage it cost about $1,200 in 2009. When the bluetooth upgrade became available I asked about adding it and was initially told it would cost around $2,000 but then was requoted a much lower number because I already had the iPod upgrade installed.

Henry

Old 03-14-2015, 08:46 AM
BrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura about
This new upgrade definitely included the new infotainment screen for my 2007 Vantage (kit is comprised of the screen, new Bluetooth module box, metal mount for new module box, a wiring loom, and the software flash).

However, it is not the full iPod kit for the 2007 that was available before, as it does not include the "glovebox cabling devices" that allow for connectivity/charging and USB access. For the price, it would be nice if it were included.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:29 PM
dsvantage is infamous around these parts
Seems surprising that the 2012 model didn't support A2DP music yet. On my 2009 that's more forgivable... But still, it's really cool they offer an upgrade, in most cars you'd be out of luck.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
... or buy a $100 dongle on amazon and get bluetooth audio streaming for a fraction of the cost, works on my 09

Old 03-17-2015, 12:42 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Sounds pretty sweet. Nice that you have dash and steering controls. How's the sound quality though? And does it ever cut out on you?

Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 AM
To me, it (Bluetooth streaming with the upgrade) sounds as good as any CD I have ever played - have the premium audio and optimized the audio & equalizer settings. It never cuts out. Absolutely no audio issues, and the phone part works most excellent too.

Albeit expensive, I like this option since we 2006/2007 folks don't have a cheap dongle option for Bluetooth. We don't automatically have a cable to connect it to. If I had a later model with a cable already installed, I probably wouldn't have gone with the upgrade. But I'm happy with a totally OEM solution.

Last edited by BrentCobb; 03-17-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:08 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bleen
... or buy a $100 dongle on amazon and get bluetooth audio streaming for a fraction of the cost, works on my 09
Bleen, which dongle do you use, and are you able to integrate it with the steering wheel and dash controls? Thanks!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by wysoseereeus
Bleen, which dongle do you use, and are you able to integrate it with the steering wheel and dash controls? Thanks!
Posted in the FAQ:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-wma1000.html

Works best with iphone, since it also shows track names. Works with Android but won't show track names. You can use the steering wheel controls with both.

Just plugs into the cable under the arm rest.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bleen
Posted in the FAQ:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-wma1000.html

Works best with iphone, since it also shows track names. Works with Android but won't show track names. You can use the steering wheel controls with both.

Just plugs into the cable under the arm rest.
Thanks for the all the info, guys. Bleen, I bought that Tune2Air dongle/adapter you recommended. Works like a charm!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage