Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:51 PM
BrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura about
OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage

Hello everyone,
I recently picked up my 2007 Vantage from my local AM dealer after having the new Bluetooth upgrade installed and have had some time to play with it. I am very pleased with it and just wanted to pass along some info (I have no financial interest with AM, the dealer, or any aftermarket vendor - just FYI).

There a new factory kit that upgrades the Bluetooth to the latest functionality. Most important to me is having music streaming from iPhone capability in my "old" 2007.

The kit consists of a new Bluetooth module "box", the mount hardware for the module, new wiring loom, and a new "display module" that replaces the one in the center console. There is also a software flash required for it thru the AM system.

So far, it has worked flawlessly with the music streaming, and now the music can be controlled via steering wheel controls. The phone part works well too. It does cost a couple of thousand $ installed, and there are much cheaper aftermarket options available. But if you want to stick with OEM, it is a great way to go.

The kit I had installed is 7G43-37-10991 (that works for 06-07 Vantage). The config file was #702802. There is another kit with different part numbers for 08MY onwards and other models.

Very happy with it despite the cost - lots of value to me.

I found a list of enhancements for this upgrade on the web:

- Introduction of Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), allowing music to be played wirelessly through the car audio system
- Compatibility with the latest smartphones, including Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry
- Larger phonebook access - 2500 contacts, up from 750 previously
- Fast scroll - the tone rotary controller can be used to quickly scroll though phonebook contacts by first letter or through tracks during audio streaming
- Two call handling, giving the opportunity to switch to a new incoming call during an existing one
- Full call list synchronization, making the most recent missed calls, received calls and recently dialled numbers available on the display screen
- Phonebook synchronization, ensuring a complete update of stored contacts each time the phone connects via Bluetooth
- Updated phonebook symbols to distinguish between home, work and mobile numbers saved against a contact.
- Microphone gain sensitivity is now adjustable to allow for different phones and driving scenarios
- Enhanced privacy - drivers now have the ability to choose whether or not to synchronize or download their mobile contacts on to the system
- Ringtone - volume level is now adjustable
- Access to voice recognition software, such as Siri
- Additional language support

Two versions of the kit are be available:

KIT 1 - ASTON MARTIN MODELS FROM 08MY ONWARDS

Suitable for:

DB9 from 08MY onwards
V8 Vantage from 08MY onwards
All V12 Vantage and V12 Vantage S
All Rapide and Rapide S
All DBS
All Virage
All DB9 and V8 Vantage with the 'BPM' Bluetooth upgrade previously applied

KIT 2 - ASTON MARTIN MODELS UP TO 07MY

Suitable for:

DB9 05-07MY, inclusive
8 Vantage 06-07MY, inclusive

Please note that for both kits the car must already have factory-fitted Bluetooth installed.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:28 PM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
what was the cost. I just bought the denison upgrade from astonmartinbits. I didnt know there was a bluetooth upgrade.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:51 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Wow, great info! I'll be adding this to the FAQ

Old 03-03-2015, 02:59 PM
BrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura aboutBrentCobb has a spectacular aura about
The parts would be around $1400 and the labor with config file at least another $600. I would think the labor could vary greatly from dealer to dealer. With this, you're kind of over a barrel because of the AMDS data file install that is required. But for me, it was good value overall and totally OEM.

Last edited by BrentCobb; 03-03-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:50 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
so, if my 2007 had the bluetooth option already installed back in 07 for the phone...all i need is an upgrade to stream music in teh way of a software upgrade to the system?

Old 03-03-2015, 04:10 PM
The software file is part of the upgrade. There is also a hardware portion that includes a new Bluetooth module box, new mount bracket for module box, new wire loom, and new console display unit. You need both the software upload from the dealer and the hardware package - all of it is the "upgrade".

Last edited by BrentCobb; 03-03-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:30 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
contacting my aston dealer, will let you guys know what I find out...

Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
Great news.. does anyone have any idea if it's possible to retrofit this to a car without bluetooth (but with the built in phone)? I don't care if the built in phone still works after. I assume it's essentially just the steering wheel switches and some loom changes (as well as the module itself obviously).
Has anyone retrofitted the older bluetooth module?

Old 03-04-2015, 11:31 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
If anyone has experience with the 2008+ version I'd be curious to hear how well it works for you and what it costs. I'm also wondering whether you lose any of the other audio inputs in the process (like AUX, iPhone and USB).

Old 03-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
You don't lose any audio input, the Bluetooth module is replaced with one from the newer vehicles and then the vehicles config software is updated.. So you actually get more audio inputs on the screen. For 2009 or newer radio cars, there is a software glitch that AM is working on, this glitch prevents the clock from being adjusted at the present time, the glitch is because AM is trying to sync the clock with the volvo nav unit

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Gotcha. On a related topic, I have a 2009 with navigation. Besides getting updates to the streets themselves with new DVDs, is there a way to update my car to a newer navigation software? I thought I heard that the nav system was upgraded in a more recent model year and mine looks a little dated.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:51 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
If the dealer needs to update the software will it delete my tune?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 PM
If you're referring to the setting such as bass, treble, etc. and the equalizer settings, then yes, they will need to be set for the Bluetooth mode once flashed. I found they were all set to zero after the upgrade. All other car settings in the system however didn't appear to be affected.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:59 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Just left Newport Beach Aston and paid $2855 installed. Yes my friends I am an idiot and the world's worst impulse buyer.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by BrentCobb
If you're referring to the setting such as bass, treble, etc. and the equalizer settings, then yes, they will need to be set for the Bluetooth mode once flashed. I found they were all set to zero after the upgrade. All other car settings in the system however didn't appear to be affected.
Does the car require a full ecu re flash? I'm worried about having my euro charged tune deleted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage