Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First drive in Rapide S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
First drive in Rapide S

Recently took delivery on my Rapide S. Weather was perfect and so was the drive! Love the sounds, torque, and surprisingly good handling! What's not to love....

Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Congrats on the new ride, beautiful car and even more beautiful scene in the back!

Old 03-14-2015, 05:05 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

Old 03-14-2015, 03:10 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Beautiful! Is that lightning silver?

Old 03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Perfect pairing: gorgeous car and gorgeous background! Location?

Old 03-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the comments. I was just driving down the road and thought that spot would yield some nice pics. The color is Lightning Silver and what really closed the deal for me with this color is the significant amount of metallic flake in the paint.

Pictures were taken in Paso Robles, Central Coast, CA area.

In terms of fit, finish, quality and overall comfort, I have never had the pleasure of owning a car that hits this level. That exhaust note under full throttle is amazing, nothing like an aggressive sounding V12!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:44 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
We don't see enough Rapides or talk about them enough here. I love the original and I lust the S even more.

In fact, today I'm test driving a Virage and a Rapide and expect that I'll have a tough time deciding which will be my next AM. No matter which I choose this tim, next one after that will most likely be a Rapide S.

What color interior? Is this your first Aston Martin? What recent similar cars have you owned or test driven and how does it compare?

Old 03-16-2015, 01:53 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
This car is a nice car... Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:55 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Gorgeous! Congrats! Hope to see more of it, not too many Rapide owners active on here.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Beautiful car. The Rapide is an amazing machine!

Old 03-16-2015, 03:01 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
congrats! Always loved that car and finally got to see one in person today at the dealership and WOW! Beautiful and even more importantly is the exhaust note when the tech fired it up in the service bay.

Nice car!

Old 03-16-2015, 05:26 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Wonderful car, wonderful scenery, and congratulations.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Gorgeous. I had the pleasure in sliding one around a skid pad last year and it was beautifully balanced (I did manage to break it though).

I sat in one last weekend and loved the materials (mostly). I prefer the '11 grille though. Having trouble reconciling with the big smile.

Congratulations, it's a heck of a car!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
We don't see enough Rapides or talk about them enough here. I love the original and I lust the S even more.

In fact, today I'm test driving a Virage and a Rapide and expect that I'll have a tough time deciding which will be my next AM. No matter which I choose this tim, next one after that will most likely be a Rapide S.

What color interior? Is this your first Aston Martin? What recent similar cars have you owned or test driven and how does it compare?
---------

I have owned a bunch of other stuff over the years. A Ford GT, a few Lamborghinis, Porsche GT2, Porsche Turbo, Mercedes S65, Vipers, GTR, etc... Most geared toward pure performance than a blend of performance and comfort that the Aston offers. Maybe I am just getting old, but it's hard to beat what the Aston offers.
Put it side by side with its competitors and it's no competition at all. We saw it next to a Panamera, Maserati, and Mercedes CLS 65 at the dealership. My wife took 2 seconds and said the others don't hold a candle in terms of looks, fit finish. Then you fire it up and the gap widens. Then you sit inside and it grows even more. Then you drive it and you forget about the others.....
For 4 doors, you can't beat the Rapide S!

Old 03-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
When I am ready for a 4 door car this will be it too(although my budget will be for a used one)! My father keeps wanting me to get his Maserati which is nice, but nowhere near my current Vantage so i can't imagine how much nicer this car would be compared to my "old" 07 vantage. I agree there was no competition at all, I had a BMW and Porsche before and have a Lexus currently and even at the much higher cost the Aston was so worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First drive in Rapide S