Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Can a Vantage be ordered with a moonroof?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:37 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Can a Vantage be ordered with a moonroof?

Just wondering if there is a factory option to get a moonroof in a Vantage. If so I'd like to see some photos. If not, has anyone heard of an aftermarket version? I'd be too scared to go through with having one installed but I can imagine how nice it would be to have some light from above in the coupe.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Not that I know of, maybe you have a case of convertiblitis? :P

Old 03-14-2015, 02:09 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I asked this same question before to Aston Martin people and the answer is simply no

Old 03-14-2015, 07:33 AM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
I'm sure for the right Money Q will make one for you

Old 03-14-2015, 03:38 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ncamv8
I'm sure for the right Money Q will make one for you
I also asked this. Not been done or doable

Old 03-14-2015, 04:25 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Maybe the ejector seat is also required

That is somewhat surprising, since they have built full cars for customers like the CC100 concept shown on Jay Leno's garage

Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Thanks all. I could imagine there might be no room to slide backwards given the hatchback, but I think a panel of glass that just tilted up a few inches for air should be doable. Who has some extra money laying around and the number of a custom shop?

Old 03-17-2015, 06:45 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
No. I asked if could be done with there Plus or exclusive program, as will to extra, answer was again, no. Maybe when Aston continues to roll out refreshes with their models, it may change. But looking at least two years out, I think.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
they'd probably need to homologate the car again if they did that...?

Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Ford is copying enough of the design lines... maybe if they offer the glass roof option on the current Mustang.... you could paste it back on a Vantage.

I for one would really go for a glass roof option even if it was fixed. Ideally if it was OEM it would electrically tint. BUT. Having driven years of t-top cars with glass panels... just a good metallic light tint film keeps the heat out very well.

Definitely a three martini job if you are planning to DIY.

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 PM
I agree a Vantage with a glass roof would be ideal.

From the Chassis view it would seem to be very doable

As you can see the frame structure is on the outer area, so there would be no weakening of the chassis.

So who wants to cut their roof panel off, and do this? Any takers

Old 03-18-2015, 02:12 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ncamv8
I agree a Vantage with a glass roof would be ideal....
So who wants to cut their roof panel off, and do this? Any takers

Well the existing roof is the perfect template for a custom roof panel... not much guesswork there... Potential for a high end acrylic oprion ... or automotive equivalent to glass... The windshield and trunk already have a trimless clean floating look, so trim is not an issue... The new panel would easily match up with the windshield and trunk glass... coming out to the existing roof bead line that runs fore and aft... The interior headliner is already sectioned perfectly to remove the center square... Think we are going to need a group buy on the panels tho to take the edge off the tooling cost... I could see being a doner car but I am seeing many of the custom glass shops are in Cali... Who is up next to rationalize this craziness!?!?

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 03-18-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:57 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I really hope someone takes the plunge... I bet a glass roof would be awesome.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Do it just like this well-known Vanquish with a glass roof: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=58892

Scroll down about half the page for roof shots

Old 03-18-2015, 05:18 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
That's awesome! The view from inside is just too cool. I'd love that on mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can a Vantage be ordered with a moonroof?