Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Jeremy Clarkson fired from Top Gear...

Old 03-26-2015, 04:35 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Jeremy Clarkson fired from Top Gear...

BBC is not renewing his contract which expires at the end of this month.

James May and Richard Hammond's contract also ends but were close to renewing until the announcement about Clarkson, now they are not sure if they will renew.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:38 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
This is certainly a no-win situation. The fans lose, the BBC loses, and the hosts lose. Being that I am such a huge fan, I am still in disbelief. I can barely cobble together my thoughts, let alone into anything coherent. There is no way you can condone any physical attack, so it had to be done. And as much as I love Jeremy (petulant child that he is), I am mad at his for losing his cool and ruining the whole thing.

Part of me wants the three of them to pick up where they leave off at another network. Then the realist in me realizes that it could never be the same. And a world without Top Gear is, for me at least, a bit more dreary.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:58 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Disagree, the producers are young little punks on powertrips. I am glad Clarkson popped him in the face to teach him a lesson. It is against the law to work employees for 12 hours straight without any sort of lunch break, BBC was in direct violation of it.

The whole team will be picked up by a new network and be paid insane salaries. It may not be called too gear but it will be just as good if not better. Hopefully they come to USA and their new track is a major US based track so we can get some actual relevant track times (like COTA or etc)

Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Disagree, the producers are young little punks on powertrips. I am glad Clarkson popped him in the face to teach him a lesson. It is against the law to work employees for 12 hours straight without any sort of lunch break, BBC was in direct violation of it.
And you know this how? Seems like you are the the 'punk' here.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:14 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I haven't heard many details about the 'fracas' itself, and I do hope more information is coming. For if what you say is true, and Mr. Tymon had crossed a line, I am willing to accept he got what he had coming. I was trying desperately to take the high road (and combat Clarksons own delusion that we 'Mericans are quick to violence), but am old school enough to believe that sometimes a good punch in the face can solve problems (which confirms his delusion I'm afraid).

I hate to speculate since I still hold out the hope that they will be back together, for better or worse. And I will watch, one way or the other.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:16 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Curious how the producers were to blame here. I'm a HUGE fan of Clarkson and Top Gear. All accounts reported say Clarkson went off the handle, and even reported himself to the BBC.

fbiguy is right, it's a no-win situation. A couple reports I saw said the BBC rakes in 100M GBP per year from TG. Not to mention the countless people inspired by the show.