Old 06-02-2015, 10:02 PM
lumbercis is on a distinguished road
Carbon-fibre hood: https://www.vcollection.com/products...ng_hood/Bonnet
Custom aluminum exhaust
Coilovers might save a bit depending how heavy the OEM units are

Old 06-02-2015, 11:45 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flinder
-He is also selling a 2 piece (Aluminum hat, cast iron friction surface) rotor kit. I bought and installed it with a set of Michelin Pilot SS tires at the same time, saving a total 26#.
Any chance you have a photo of your wheels with these rotors installed? I'm curious whether the Wilwood name is visible with the wheel mounted. I would prefer not to see it. Thanks!

Old 06-03-2015, 07:32 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lumbercis
Carbon-fibre hood: https://www.vcollection.com/products...ng_hood/Bonnet
Custom aluminum exhaust
Coilovers might save a bit depending how heavy the OEM units are
I really love the hood on the new V12 GT3, but I'm sure it's ungodly expensive.

Already have full exhaust.

Coilovers are something I'm definitely interested in. No idea on weight difference but I'd want them for improved ride quality and handling.

Originally Posted by flinder
Telum asked for a list of steel brackets.

Telum, there is no list, in fact attacking each part could be labeled a "waste", as there is little to be gained. But an AM management edict, "No steel brackets", could go a long ways towards eliminating them altogether or at least forcing an evaluation of alternatives to each steel proposal. Best to be stated at the start of a new vehicle program.

But if you have a will, grab a magnet, drill, new set of bits, center punch, and have at it. Make swiss cheese.

Someone brought up, paint elimination, Ibis? Years ago, probably during an oil crisis, an airline did it. Reduced plane weight by hundreds of pounds with the goal of saving a whole bunch of jet fuel. Don't remember an accounting.

And right on cue, yesterday, TiKORE, a sponsor, said they wanted to be in our game. They will start by measuring our OE nuts. Look forward to their retail pricing.
I'll take a look and see which brackets can be remade as aluminum without too much trouble. I've got a couple fabricators I can lean on. Remaking a collection of brackets in aluminum could add up to some weight savings without too much cost. It'll just take some effort to do the research, prototyping, and testing.

The titanium lugnuts aren't off the table. I wouldn't mind an open-ended set, but I'd have to get a good deal on them. I'd want open-ended because I've got extended lugs on my because I had spacers on it. I'll be leaving the extended lugs on in case I want to use the spacers with OEM wheels - that way I can run two different types of tires without any hassle and still maintain my aggressive stance.

Originally Posted by dsvantage
Any chance you have a photo of your wheels with these rotors installed? I'm curious whether the Wilwood name is visible with the wheel mounted. I would prefer not to see it. Thanks!
It's pretty well-hidden and generally unseen. If I remember correctly, the Wilwood name is etched into the hat but really doesn't show unless you're looking for it. There's a close-up in here, which has it completely hidden:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vasupercars/sets/72157649746160817/

EDIT: nevermind, it's in white. You can see it on the front rotor of this pic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vasupe...7649746160817/

Last edited by telum01; 06-03-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the photo. Yeah, I was afraid it was show through. I really want a factory look without a bunch of aftermarket logos visible. I wonder if Stuart can order up a set with black on black writing which would be fine from a distance.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:17 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dsvantage
Thanks for the photo. Yeah, I was afraid it was show through. I really want a factory look without a bunch of aftermarket logos visible. I wonder if Stuart can order up a set with black on black writing which would be fine from a distance.
Or Sharpie...
Just sayin'

Old 06-03-2015, 06:14 PM
That's so ghetto, I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Simple fixes

Rattle can...easy. Brake dust...even easier.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:19 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Or Sharpie...
Just sayin'
I've honestly never noticed the lettering and had to look through pics to figure out if it even showed.

Sharpie was my first thought, too. And brake dust will help conceal that. Or any high-temp paint.

Last edited by telum01; 06-03-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:40 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bluebarchetta
Not familiar with the "GT4 Kit", but there has to be some aston premium here somewhere. I bought the biggest most expensive lithium, and the charger for barely $300 including shipping. I wouldn't mess with a built in conditioner, really just use the plug in every month or two.

I am in agreement with the weight loss calculation. I'm thinking my total was about 27lbs, but starting with a fairly small stock battery.
Rick, which battery did you buy, and how did the fitment go? Any problems yet?

Old 07-29-2015, 11:49 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by telum01
I reached out to Odyssey about a couple of their batteries, the PC925 and PC950. Larger than the PC680 but still drop 30-35 lbs compared to the OEM battery.
Are either of those drop-in replacements?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by sonnyd
Are either of those drop-in replacements?
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I'm assuming I'll need to have a battery box made. There's no way either of the Odyssey batteries will be the same size as the OEM battery so I'll need a mounting solution.

I diverted my attention to carbon fiber trim (it's on the way!) so I honestly haven't put much thought into the battery lately.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Odyssey battery was going to be my first suggestion, but I see you're familiar with them already.

As for seats, you could perhaps swap in a Recaro Profi or Pole position strictly for track events, if it's not too much work to swap out the stock seat in the process. I'm looking into doing this for my 911; I have Profi seat that I want to run for events but don't wish to use daily. If you're looking for a permanent solution, look into Cobra Misano seats; they're elegant enough to pass in an Aston while simultaneously shedding weight thanks to carbon fiber construction:

http://www.cobraseats.com/misano-anniversary.asp

A less expensive option would be the Recaro Sportster CS

Old 08-01-2015, 04:01 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I noticed a definite difference between the rack on my old '12 V12V and my current '15 V12VS. The new rack is a bit quicker and a bit lighter in feel. I actually prefer the older V12V rack. Not sure how, if at all, this would translate into V8V differences.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:19 PM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
I am interested in shaving weight also. I think the best route are seats, battery and exhaust.

Seats are #1 priority to me because the dropped so much weight in my E92 M3 about 50lbs per seat when i swapped them with pole positions.

I managed to save close to 300lbs from my M3 with pole positions (~100lbs), removed rear seats (~50lbs), wheels (~20lbs), bbk (~20lbs) , full exhaust and cat delete (~65lbs), removed trunk liners and sound deadening (~25lbs). It was still functional and passengers didnt think it looked bad.

But does anyone know where i can get a seat bracket and how to prevent the airbag light from coming on?

Old 08-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I'd imagine the seat base would be the same as used in the GT4 cars, so maybe source one from AM Racing (Stuart can do that). I'd just be worried about ingress and egress.

Resistor might be able to trick the airbag sensor, but you'd have to play with different ones to see which works.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to get nimble