Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Valentine One hardwire in 2014 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:03 PM
chamstra is on a distinguished road
Valentine One hardwire in 2014 Vantage

I am looking for information on hardwiring in a Valentine One in a 2014 Vantage. Specifically around pulling the required interior trim (A-Pillar, and ...) as well as the best connection point - fuse box in the passenger footwell???

I have search for info, but have not found anything that helps.

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
First of all, it would be nice to introduce yourself prior to asking questions.

Are you an owner or an installer?

The best and easiest way to connect the Valentine One is to purchase the optional Savvy module. This device plugs into the OBD-II port on the car and allows it to automatically power the detector only when the engine is on. There is no hardwiring whatsoever. It is completely plug and play.

Even better, the Savvy module interfaces with the car's ECU and can read vehicle speed. It has a dial that allows you to set a speed below which all alerts play at the muted volume. I have mine set to 35mph, because I don't want to be bothered for anything below those speeds.

I highly recommend it.

Cheers.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:02 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
The TPMS box in the passenger footwell has switched power and a ground. I spliced in there. Didn't need to go all the way into the fuse box. Not sure if newer cars still have that external SmartTire setup.

The wire tucked in cleanly behind the map lights and across the header and down the a-pillar on the passenger side without removing either. I was replacing the leather on the passenger panel by the windshield at the same time so I did need to remove all that to get the wire cleanly down into the footwell. There is a sticky here for 'how do I remove this panel.'. If you want it to look perfect you will probably wind up in that direction to at least get access.

Not particularly fun work, but pretty straight forward.