Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ASTON MARTIN with VELLANO VM10 MONOBLOCK FORGED CONCAVE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
Vellano Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutVellano Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutVellano Wheels has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up ASTON MARTIN with VELLANO VM10 MONOBLOCK FORGED CONCAVE

ASTON MARTIN with VELLANO VM10 MONOBLOCK FORGED CONCAVE, from ‪#‎VellanoWheels‬, brush finish >> ready to get shipped. Images includes past project of VM10

Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
That's weird, the spokes are convex.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:51 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4pipes
That's weird, the spokes are convex.
Convex spokes angled to create a concave face!

I just wish we could see some properly-sized wheels in these ads. They always go with these comically large diameters that just look silly. These ones, for example. I think they're a very classy and stylish design, but I can't take them seriously - I'm too busy trying to see if there's even any rubber on them at all or if the thing is sitting on the lips of the rims.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:05 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Ooh, if those were 2" smaller I'd be drooling uncontrollably. I just can't get down with anything bigger on a performance car.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:17 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I never really thought about it before, but you're right. These wheel vendors really do themselves a huge disservice by showcasing their wheel designs in sizes that are too large in the eyes of the average Aston owner. Maybe that works in another demographic but these folks really need to learn the skill of "know your audience".

Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM
You are so right. Not only in the looks department, but can you imagine the difficulty in parking a wheel that has almost no rubber around it! I have resorted to purchasing cars with more rubber, not less, not only for the protection, but for the ride quality.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
I would imagine these vendors would have a clue about what looks good and what doesn't. They always seem to put something ugly, oversized, wrong offset, take professional photos and blast the pictures all over the net. Not only does it do a disservice to the wheel brand but also to the car brand that's modeling the wheels. Seeing a picture of a DBS for the first time with with these rims, I would think these cars are the ugliest cars ever. Lol

Being a DBS owner, I'm offended! Take this crap down!

Old 06-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Their going for that "pimp-o-line" look.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I'm a step further than others, I don't even thing they're good looking wheels. Even at a reasonable size (which they should be I agree), they are spindly and thin looking. I know some people like that but I feel that wheels should have a certain mass to them. Spindly wheels become a visual distraction. This wanna-be car designer thinks that, upon first look at a car, when asked what you thought of the wheels, your first thought should be, "I didn't really notice the wheels". Like every other design choice, the wheels should be an integrated part of the overall design.

These just say "hey, look at me and my wheels" a bit too much for my taste. They're far from the worst offenders, but they're on that end of the spectrum. Then again, had they shown me a photo with right sized wheels and tyres, perhaps I'd like them more...