Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?

Old 05-24-2016, 04:43 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Makes sense what both of you are saying. I guess in that case it'd probably in the neighborhood of low $40ks.

For an agreed value policy, will your premium go up year after year as your car gets older, assuming you want to keep the same agreed value?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
No, because your premium based on likely hood of them making a profit on your payment vs. the risk of paying you the agreed amount based on their estimated duration until you crash (if that makes any sense). The resale / salvage value might factor into it, but it should not be a big part

Old 05-24-2016, 09:15 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Interesting, do most AM or exotic owners in general opt for a Grundy type insurance provider vs your traditional, large companies? (State Farm, Allstate, etc)

Old 05-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Interesting, do most AM or exotic owners in general opt for a Grundy type insurance provider vs your traditional, large companies? (State Farm, Allstate, etc)
I think it depends on your situation and your location. Different states have different rules for many things related to insurance.

In my case my 2 old "collectible" cars are insured with a specialty insurer for agreed values. In the case of the older collectable cars the specialty insurance costs just a fraction of what traditional insurance would cost. But for the Vantage, the specialty insurer wouldn't underwrite it because it's too new, so the only viable option for me in my location was traditional insurance. The '07 Vantage is basically still just a used car even though it is arguably exotic.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Like Jeff said, it depends on your situation.

I've tried specialty insurance but couldnt for a lot of reasons: a few insurance co said the vantage is too new, one said I need a collection for them to make an exception, most said I dont have enough driving record / too young

The quotes I did get from specialty insurance are almost 10% of what I pay now, definitely worth it if you can stay within their limitations

Last edited by mkzhang; 05-25-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Like Jeff said, it depends on your situation.

I've tried specialty insurance but couldnt for a lot of reasons: a few insurance co said the vantage is too new, one said I need a collection for them to make an exception, most said I dont have enough driving record / too young

The quotes I did get from specialty insurance are almost 10% of what I pay now, definitely worth it if you can stay within their limitations
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll at least check with Grundy to see what, if any, coverage they'd offer me. Any other companies I should look into for quotes as well?

Old 05-25-2016, 01:52 PM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
I use State Farm, they gave me a low usage policy. 2000 miles a year for $1600 a year.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SinisterSF
I use State Farm, they gave me a low usage policy. 2000 miles a year for $1600 a year.
Erie covers me for 8500 miles/year for $528. It totally depends on your location, driving record, and even your credit score.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Erie covers me for 8500 miles/year for $528. It totally depends on your location, driving record, and even your credit score.
Where I am right now,
- Erie told me they do not insure Florida at all. No matter the brand.
- Mercury wont insure Aston Martin, not even with agreed value but I'm considering changing the BMW's to them since quote on the phone was cheaper for all than ONE car at progressive.
- Travelers needs to review if they want to insure Aston Martin's and will get back to me.
- Grundy MPV (multi Vehicle) quoted Ok for the Aston but unbelievable high the other cars.
- Grundy Exotic for only the Aston seems to be the best solution for me. 7500mls/year, 300k/100k, 1k deductible agreed value 65k for ~$800/year

I reviewed Progressive and they more than tripled all my cars premium over the last 1.5 years while doubling the amount for the Aston in three weeks. They do not appreciate my business at all. If you are a long time customer, they nickel and dime you.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:28 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Geico won't insure my DB9, because of a HIGH payout previously (Lotus got totalled $50k +), which other drivers insurance paid out.

Insurance is such a racket, they are so in bed with each other, not really sure if there is any GOOD companies.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:10 PM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Is that for a Vantage? The ol' DBS ranks a little higher on an insurance company's pucker factor I would imagine. None the less that's a great rate! Perhaps I should give Erie a ring, if they even cover my area. Tennessee has out of whack insurance.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by SinisterSF
Is that for a Vantage? The ol' DBS ranks a little higher on an insurance company's pucker factor I would imagine. None the less that's a great rate! Perhaps I should give Erie a ring, if they even cover my area. Tennessee has out of whack insurance.
That is for a 2007 V8 Vantage. My agent had no idea what an Aston Martin is. I just gave them the VIN and an estimate of what the car cost new and they gave me a quote the next day.

I'm 53, married, no tickets, no accidents, 800+ credit, live in one of the safest towns in WI. Erie is crazy cheap for me. $307 for a 2007 BMW 335i, $276 for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They have a limited service area, but you're in luck since they do serve Tennessee.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Erie is out for me since they don't cover Georgia. Just put in a quote request for Grundy's MVP coverage, will see what they come back with. Also not sure I could qualify for Grundy's collector coverage since they specifically state they don't cover '74 and newer sports cars and exotics?

Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Erie is out for me since they don't cover Georgia. Just put in a quote request for Grundy's MVP coverage, will see what they come back with. Also not sure I could qualify for Grundy's collector coverage since they specifically state they don't cover '74 and newer sports cars and exotics?
Not true.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Not true.
Please elaborate.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?