Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ambarella Dash Cam's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Ambarella Dash Cam's

Anyone using them? I'm thinking about buying one(805) but want to know:

If my car is off, someone bump parks the front of my car and the cam has a G-sensor.. Will the cam start recording on its own?

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 PM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Not familiar with Ambarella, but I did install two BlackVue DR600GW-HD dashcams (one for the front and one for the rear). I bought them through BlackBoxMyCar.com. I highly recommend both the cameras and that website.

The BlackVues are pricier than the Ambarellas though. After currency exchange rate and CC foreign transaction fees, the cost for the pair of cameras came in at just under $500. (I shopped around, and this was one of the best prices.) BlackBoxMyCar.com also includes a Power Magic Pro (PMP) unit with each camera. The PMP allows your camera to run off the car's battery, but will shut your cameras off before they run the battery down to the point that your car won't start. (Mine is set to shut off when the battery voltage drops to 11.8V. You can set it to power down at 12V or after 6 hours, or never.)

The Ambarella seems to have similar features (GPS, time/speed log, etc.), though I think the BlackVue looks a bit more slick. It also has a wifi feature (the cameras basically create their own wifi networks), so that you can log into the camera with your phone.

Highly configurable. You can set the G-sensor sensitivity and visual sensitivity, etc. So, yes, if your car is off and the camera has power, it'll start recording if your car gets bumped.

Installation is an easy DIY. Just a matter tapping some fuses and routing the wire.

Front dashcam

Rear dashcam

Last edited by wysoseereeus; 06-23-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:26 PM
slxkrdb9 is on a distinguished road
Since you had a DYI on the dash cams, is there an installation guide that comes with the BlackVue DR cams? Did you wire it to inside-cabin fuse box? Could one use the active battery conditioner port in the trunk for connection of the Power Magic Pro?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slxkrdb9
Since you had a DYI on the dash cams, is there an installation guide that comes with the BlackVue DR cams? Did you wire it to inside-cabin fuse box? Could one use the active battery conditioner port in the trunk for connection of the Power Magic Pro?
I installed an Ambarella dash cam, really same hook up. I also installed it with the Power Magic Pro, this way to have the video recording while the car is parked and unattended. I have the power magic pro set to power down at 11.8v.

The power magic pro is supposed to be hard wired and not just plugged into a aux socket like the one in the boot, my kit didn't even have a plug for the aux socket so you'd have to buy one or splice into the back..not even sure you would have enough wire to reach the boot aux plug. Best place to pair in would be the CEM, which is the interior fuse box at the passenger foot area and then run the wires up the A-Post trim. Took me maybe 45mins to an hour to do my own car

Old 08-31-2015, 06:56 PM
slxkrdb9 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the input, much appreciated! Shall proceed with a BlackVue DR750LW-2CH install w/ Power Magic Pro. Not much choice if LCD and 2-way front/rear with parking mode is of the essence.