Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:10 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Order books have closed and dealers have been instructed not to take any more orders
So I take it you'll be ordering one of the final editions in January?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:39 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
No you misunderstood, there will only be one V8 vantage for 2016, no more V8S, regular V8, and GT designations. For 2016 only one special edition final run. It will be a numbered limited edition run similar to the V12 Carbon edition (under a different name of course).

The only thing I don't know at this point is the exact name of the model, but it will be a numbered final run as stated above.

I am hearing a possible unveiling at Frankfurt Auto show in Sept, but still not confirmed on that one. We should know all the final details within the next month
So what's happening with V12 Vantage then ?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rohnin
So I take it you'll be ordering one of the final editions in January?
Yes, absolutely. It will be the last chance to purchase what is arguably one of the purest sports car left today.

I have been trying to order for months but Aston has not been taking orders, that's when I stumbled on all this when My dealer got official letter from Aston.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:10 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jonby
So what's happening with V12 Vantage then ?
The V12s will continue for now and will probably be the last to go before they stop the current generation all together before the switchover in 2017 (as a 2018 model). Perhaps a Manual V12 S as their swan song.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:31 AM
I think, as you have realised, many people were confused that this applied to all Vantages (i.e. V12 as well as V8), especially as some other people were posting about V12V in the same thread

FYI, it does not appear that UK dealers have a problem ordering V8 Vantages right now (in the UK, the Vantage model line up is V8, V8S and N430, which is similar to the US GT, then V12VS plus the sold out GT12)

At various stages, some posters here & on other forums have suggested V12VS manual is imminent, either as an option on V12VS or as part of a limited run car, with some people even stating categorically they have a manual V12 Vantage on order............that is absolutely not the case - no such order exists as anything more solid than a speculative letter of intent

It will be interesting to see whether all these resurfacing rumours of a V12 manual are because it's true and one will be offered in time, or whether it's pure idle speculation

Meanwhile on V8, I assume that whilst some on here have understandably lept to the conclusion that a 'final' single version of V8 mean it will be limited in number and high in price, personally I can't see that being the case if new vantage is still following the timeline we have all expected for a while, namely shown in Geneva 17 for production later that year - they can't last 2 yrs on a ltd edition V8. So IMO (based on logic rather than any insider knowledge) either it's not a ltd run with a high price, or vantage replacement is being brought forward

Old 07-29-2015, 12:31 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I am told by Miller that only the order book for the V8 GT is closed, not other Vantage models. Seems to conflict with the postings in this thread it would appear.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:32 PM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
Talking You want answers?! I want the truth!

I both love and hate this thread at the same time .....

AM: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

6SpeedOnline Member: I think I'm entitled!

AM: You want answers?!

6SpeedOnline Member: I want the truth!

AM: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has Aston Martin's, and those Aston Martin's have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your long gone manual V12S and you curse the SS I/II. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the V12S manuals death, while tragic, probably saved clutch lives. And the SS I/II/III, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves clutch lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want those sportshifts. You need those sportshifts. We use words like "Power", "Beauty", "Soul". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline on a 6SpeedOnline thread. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who burns out his clutch in 6 months while pretending (...trying) to drive a proper AM manual, and then cries holy hell that some people might actually like the SS II/III (Note: No one has ever said this about the SS 1. That's the truth. I am just reporting facts here, don't shoot the messenger) AM provides! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pray like hell AM does something special with a new manual V12S limited edition. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 AM
I have the letter in my hands, it's specifically instructs all dealers that the order books for the regular V8, V8S and GT have officially closed. They will start taking orders soon for the final special edition (details coming soon they say). There may have been a handful of 2016 GT that came through prior to this decision, but now it's officially closed.

I assume the reason is they have a limited number of chassis & drivetrains left and they wanted to save enough for a final special edition run as the swan song. There will not be two years of v8 Vantages left. Next year will be the last. It's possible for there to be a gap in production in the V8, with the V12s continuing on with their special edition during that transition period.

The letter also specifically states there is only limited allocation left for the special edition before they are entirely sold out.

I have no specifics on the V12s, just the V8s so I assume V12 will continue as that engine is not changing.

FYI the official Aston Martin Bulletin just came out July 23rd, so many of the sales reps may not even be aware of it as news is still getting out there. it is officially being called "Consolidation of the V8 Vantage Portfolio"

You heard it here first.

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 07-30-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:05 AM

I have no specifics on the V12s, just the V8s so I assume V12 will continue as that engine is not changing.
What exactly do you mean 'that engine is not changing' ? That implies V8 engine is changing - in what way ? Surely not in this shape/model of Vantage ?

When Vantage complete replacement comes out in 18-24 mths time, it will presumably have the AMG twin turbo V8, which in turn means no V12 option to be offered in new Vantage, unless they decide to offer the mega power turbo version of the Aston V12 they have been testing for DB9

For now, you are telling us they will offer the existing V8 and the existing V12, with V8 production coming to an end before V12 production does

So how is V12 'not changing' in a way that V8 is 'changing' ? I appreciate they may extract a touch more power out of V8 for the swansong, but I wouldn't call that a change in engine. What am I missing ?

Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road

The letter also specifically states there is only limited allocation left for the special edition before they are entirely sold out.
@007 - This confuses me ... are you saying the allocation for a yet be released special edition vantage only has limited allocation left?

or you mean when it comes out it will be limited allocation?

The way you wrote that seems confusing to me ....

Old 07-30-2015, 01:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jonby
what exactly do you mean 'that engine is not changing' ? That implies v8 engine is changing - in what way ? Surely not in this shape/model of vantage ?

When vantage complete replacement comes out in 18-24 mths time, it will presumably have the amg twin turbo v8, which in turn means no v12 option to be offered in new vantage, unless they decide to offer the mega power turbo version of the aston v12 they have been testing for db9

for now, you are telling us they will offer the existing v8 and the existing v12, with v8 production coming to an end before v12 production does

so how is v12 'not changing' in a way that v8 is 'changing' ? I appreciate they may extract a touch more power out of v8 for the swansong, but i wouldn't call that a change in engine. What am i missing ?
Yes, the AMG GT's V8TT

Old 07-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
Yes, the AMG GT's V8TT
you mean that is going in the current shape vantage as we know it, rather than the 'new new vantage' to replace the current vantage ?

Old 07-30-2015, 01:20 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The special edition V8V being discussed is the run-out special for the current generation of V8V. It will be pretty much the same as the V8Vs on sale now. Aston traditionally doesn't do much for specials - paint, trim, wheels at most... then slap some numbered plates on them and call them a special edition.

The next generation of Vantage is going to have the engine and electronics from the AMG GT. I only know one guy that's seen the design of the new car, and he's not at liberty to discuss it and has been tight-lipped about it.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Telum is correct, new AMG GTS V8TT for the new Body style.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by UltraAston
@007 you mean when it comes out it will be limited allocation?...
Correct, once the final run special edition comes out, it will be a limited allocation left. They have a set number in mind of how many more they want to produce (probably based on hardware they have left etc).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes