Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:47 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
2016 Model Year Changes

Hey guys,

Did more research on the 2016 model year changes after one of the members here mentioned changes were being made.... Thank God I waited for 2016... The changes are pretty huge! (Quoted below):

"If you check out the DB9 GT link in my other post you will also see the new 16MY enhancements that cover the whole range, specifically the Vanquish style new infotainment system and console on Vantage/9/Rapide......
Vantage and Rapide S revised.......... here is AM's release.........

Not content simply with launching the DB9 GT, Aston Martin is also taking the arrival of 16MY cars to update, upgrade and enhance more of its core sports cars. The sporting Vantage line-up and luxurious Rapide S four-door four-seat sports cars all benefit from a raft of colour, trim and equipment enhancements for 16MY, with the Vantage Coupe and Roadster models gaining a new touch-sensitive centre console fascia.

The AMi II infotainment system also makes its debut in Vantage and Rapide S, with the debut of corresponding new features such as visual vehicle status power and torque meters, offering real-time read-outs of engine bhp and torque.

New interior trim packs deliver the option of even greater personalisation for customers, with the addition of Vivid Red, Royal Mint, Black Damson and Bronze Metallic to 16MY leather palettes across the Vantage car lines.

Meanwhile, the striking Californian Poppy interior accent is now available for Vantage N430 and US-only Vantage GT buyers. Royal Mint, Spicy Red, Copper and Deep Purple stitching colours are new, too, along with revised alloy wheel designs. New exterior colours Cinnabar Orange and Ultramarine Black debut on Vantage, too.

Aston Martin CEO, Dr Andy Palmer, said: “Our process of constant improvement, development and refinement of our core sports cars never stops and the arrival of the remarkable DB9 GT, along with these important 16 Model Year updates and enhancements for the Vantage and Rapide S, all clearly demonstrate that."

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 07-01-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:00 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Another photo (albeit a photoshopped version of V8VS with new center console). This should give an idea about what the upgraded console would look like.

With the black anodized pedals and gauges of the GT this will be a killer combo!

Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Wow that's awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm tempted myself.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Any announcements when they will begin production of the newer Vantages?

Old 07-01-2015, 05:47 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I don't really like the new microwave-style controls too much; especially when you consider that you now need to have the pop-up screen open for even the most basic functions.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:27 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Wish they update GPS maps ... 2015 DB9 and Vanquish with breakthrough infotainment system have the same Garmin GPS maps which look terrible.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:57 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Any announcements when they will begin production of the newer Vantages?
No specific date. Changes appears to be 100% new platform using the MB parts bin.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/30/a...rts-spy-shots/

Old 07-01-2015, 08:08 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Hey guys,

Did more research on the 2016 model year changes after one of the members here mentioned changes were being made.... Thank God I waited for 2016... The changes are pretty huge!
No they're not, give me a break.

But I have to admit you do have flair for good ol' hyperbole. You'd make a great ptichman.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:11 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
No they're not, give me a break.

But I have to admit you do have flair for good ol' hyperbole. You'd make a great ptichman.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I don't really like the new microwave-style controls too much; especially when you consider that you now need to have the pop-up screen open for even the most basic functions.
I can't even remember the last time I opened my screen lol

Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
How in the world can you say an all new infotainment system, a new center consoles, lots of new paint colors, interior leather options, NEW wheels, and various other quality improvements not being a huge upgrade? XJRS you seriously have to be smoking something. (Not that it really matters what you think, you never contribute anything positive)

You basically now get a Vanquish interior on the Vantage GT which is just over $100k. And this is something that will be standard, it's not an option (which explains the slightly higher Msrp). Well worth paying a tiny bit extra if you are getting a whole lot in return.

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 07-01-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:55 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Only the console/infotainment is a marked change. Wheels, paint, and leather options are constantly changing, even year-on-year. The console change is an easy way to update the car while easing pressure in supply chain management. It's just as much a business move than a design move.

If K-F is right about having to have the screen open to operate some of the more basic controls (I know better than to question him lol), then I'd rather have my more basic console until AM can properly integrate the screen instead of using one that pops up.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:10 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
My question is whether to wait for the final edition of the Vantage in 2017 or not..

Old 07-01-2015, 11:18 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
I can't even remember the last time I opened my screen lol
Mine opens up automatically every time I put the gear lever in reverse to show the view from the rear view camera. Other than that, i don't really use it because it looks a bit ugly when it's raised.

On the newer style console with microwave style touch controls, you don't get a choice. If you want to change radio stations or select audio sources, you need to have the screen up.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
How in the world can you say an all new infotainment system, a new center consoles, lots of new paint colors, interior leather options, NEW wheels, and various other quality improvements not being a huge upgrade? XJRS you seriously have to be smoking something. (Not that it really matters what you think, you never contribute anything positive)

You basically now get a Vanquish interior on the Vantage GT which is just over $100k. And this is something that will be standard, it's not an option (which explains the slightly higher Msrp). Well worth paying a tiny bit extra if you are getting a whole lot in return.
The way I read it, the new paint colors are only on the Vantage, not the GT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes