Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:38 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
How in the world can you say an all new infotainment system, a new center consoles, lots of new paint colors, interior leather options, NEW wheels, and various other quality improvements not being a huge upgrade? XJRS you seriously have to be smoking something. (Not that it really matters what you think, you never contribute anything positive)
Well, I may be smoking something, but you are the one blowing all the smoke...
Huge improvement my butt...

Old 07-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I also prefer, easily, the current setup that doesn't require the screen to be up.

At least the screen isn't an iPad just glued to the top of the dash as is the "way forward" in new Audis, BMWs, M-Bs, etc. Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ This.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
2016 Vantage GT

Name:  image_zpshhiokuk0.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  50.8 KB
Name:  image_zpsyjn7usyh.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  42.1 KB
Name:  image_zpsu2ge6t0v.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  35.2 KB

Old 07-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
is those prices for the 2016?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
is those prices for the 2016?
Yes of course

Old 07-02-2015, 05:05 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I looked through the entire pricelist and didn't find a single item that was any different than when i ordered my car. So, other than some extra choices in accent stripe/stitch colors and the (arguable) "upgrade" to the center console, i would have to agree with an earlier comment that there really are no "huge" differences from the 15MY spec.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:18 PM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Some more details

From my dealer.....

Aston Martin GT MY 2016
MSRP = $109,000 + gas guzzler

The GT Vantage standard options below:

Anodized black calipers
Black vaned front grille
Black meshes (Bonnet & Side strake)
Black headlamp bezels
Black DLO surround
Black textured tailpipe finisher
Clear rear lamps
19 inch 5 spoke graphite wheel
Protective tape
Front parking sensors
Sport suspension (comfort suspension NC)
Sports exhaust
Piano black interior trim pack
Color keyed paddleshift inserts
Center stack rotaries black
Seat belts warm charcoal
Facia trim – full length carbon fibre
Steering wheel – black alcantara
Indented leather seat inserts (NC)
Black pedals
Contrast stitching
Contrast steering wheel stitch (NC)
Bluetooth prep
Satellite navigation
Reversing camera
Cruise control

And just for clarity, I asked if these were standard for the above MSRP and not additional money and he replied that these are standard and not up charge options.

I see @Rohnins post of the price sheet, but I also see it has a April 20, 2015 issue date on it. I'm wondering if with all the fast changes going on that information is not correct? I can't say either way, just going off what I was told.

Last edited by UltraAston; 07-02-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:55 PM
^^^^ Ahem, I love how your avatar is a picture I took of my car.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:26 PM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Haha! It is one I had saved on my iPad and was creating an account for the first time. I wanted a quick avatar and there she was!

You should see it as a compliment! However, out of respect, I'll remove it if you'd like.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by UltraAston
From my dealer.....

Aston Martin GT MY 2016
MSRP = $109,000 + gas guzzler

The GT Vantage standard options below:

Anodized black calipers
Black vaned front grille
Black meshes (Bonnet & Side strake)
Black headlamp bezels
Black DLO surround
Black textured tailpipe finisher
Clear rear lamps
19 inch 5 spoke graphite wheel
Protective tape
Front parking sensors
Sport suspension (comfort suspension NC)
Sports exhaust
Piano black interior trim pack
Color keyed paddleshift inserts
Center stack rotaries black
Seat belts warm charcoal
Facia trim – full length carbon fibre
Steering wheel – black alcantara
Indented leather seat inserts (NC)
Black pedals
Contrast stitching
Contrast steering wheel stitch (NC)
Bluetooth prep
Satellite navigation
Reversing camera
Cruise control

And just for clarity, I asked if these were standard for the above MSRP and not additional money and he replied that these are standard and not up charge options.

I see @Rohnins post of the price sheet, but I also see it has a April 20, 2015 issue date on it. I'm wondering if with all the fast changes going on that information is not correct? I can't say either way, just going off what I was told.
I just can't believe it's possible all those options are standard, but if so let me know who your dealer is so I can place my order :P

Old 07-03-2015, 02:12 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
something something flattery lol

Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, updates are kinda small. Center console is not that hard/expensive to lift from the already developed one for the vanquish, most of it is carryover parts. I wonder what the side vents look like, now that the center ones are not square.

Other than that, I fail to see more improvements. Trim options are super cheap to develop, so is one set of wheels. Nothing groundbreaking or really new.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:45 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I agree that the flip up map looks like no other car, but that's its talking point - along with the ECU.

When I mention how the key works to other car buffs who don't know about it, they are always quite amazed. I rather like the uniqueness of this.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:57 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
So MSRP is 109 not 103, but a ton of those options are now standard?? There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories, just trying to lock down exactly what comes standard on the new 2016s. If Aston is in fact making more items standard in order to simplify manufacturing complexity that would make logical sense.

When I spec'ed out the car it also came out to roughly the same amount, so basically they are just making those standard and throwing it in at a slightly higher price to make it a one set of narrow options to make it easier for them to produce in bulk and make better margins?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes