Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:04 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
So, apparently Aston made some mistakes to the info that was sent to dealers about what was standard spec for 16MY GT. These have now been corrected. The major changes are:
  • Higher base price. Coupe is now around $103K, more for roadster.
  • New 5-spoke wheel in all silver finish. Diamond-turned/gloss black or graphite finish on standard or lightweight wheel options is extra.
  • New center console design in graphite gray finish.
  • Bluetooth is now standard.
  • Lower environment in rear compartment above parcel shelf directly behind seats is no longer in leather but covered in obsidian black carpet instead. Leather as in earlier models can be ordered as an additional cost option.

So, unless you are loving the new center console, you are better off buying an existing 2015. Of course, if you are ordering new, you have no choice since all orders now being taken are for the 2016 spec.

Last edited by karlfranz; 07-11-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:02 AM
DocW is on a distinguished road

This my n430 which I think is the Vantage GT in America. It's the stealth model which has a number of the black accents listed for the 2016 MY. Hopefully you can see the black switches and dials, the gear shift surround is carbon fibre as is the upper waterfall slope. I had the switches changed for glass and the alloy gear ****. The tail pipes and front grill are black, I limited the pictures but if anyone is interested in any of the details I will try to post a pic. The switches light up in the dark and look really smart.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:31 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
So, apparently Aston made some mistakes to the info that was sent to dealers about what was standard spec for 16MY GT. These have now been corrected. The major changes are:
  • Higher base price. Coupe is now around $103K, more for roadster.
  • New 5-spoke wheel in all silver finish. Diamond-turned/gloss black or graphite finish on standard or lightweight wheel options is extra.
  • New center console design in graphite gray finish.
  • Bluetooth is now standard.
  • Lower environment in rear compartment above parcel shelf directly behind seats is no longer in leather but covered in obsidian black carpet instead. Leather as in earlier models can be ordered as an additional cost option.

So, unless you are loving the new center console, you are better off buying an existing 2015. Of course, if you are ordering new, you have no choice since all orders now being taken are for the 2016 spec.
And this is exactly what I had posted. I still need verification of what Leather - Contemporary means

Old 07-12-2015, 07:02 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rohnin
And this is exactly what I had posted. I still need verification of what Leather - Contemporary means
A selection of stock leather colors.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
A selection of stock leather colors.
I know but for what though? Only obsidian black and argento grey are available for the GT interior. My dealer is giving me conflicting info

Old 07-23-2015, 11:21 AM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
Bringing this back from edge of extinction

Do we know anymore on MY2016 details? Anymore dealer communications or insights?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by UltraAston
Do we know anymore on MY2016 details? Anymore dealer communications or insights?
Leather - Contemporary means you can choose a non-fast track interior color from the contemporary range. As I had suspected

Old 07-24-2015, 05:51 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
This just in....

It will not be called the GT, 2016 will officially be the last year.

I cannot say anything else until official announcement is made

Old 07-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
This just in....

It will not be called the GT, 2016 will officially be the last year.

I cannot say anything else until official announcement is made
I figured there would be a gap in 2017. But yeah can't even preorder one yet.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:22 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Yes there is a reason for that... Big announcement coming soon

Technically we were all right and all wrong, you will see what I mean

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 07-24-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:09 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yes there is a reason for that... Big announcement coming soon
"Big"?
I hear it's gonna be HUGE!

Old 07-25-2015, 12:22 AM
You guys are killing me as I sit here debating pulling a trigger on a GT MY15 vs waiting for a GT MY16! What do you know that I don't?

The suspense is killing me!

Old 07-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Announcement should be coming by end of August. I suspect September they will start opening up the order books again. New production will not resume until Jan 1st.

Again, cannot say more but I have seen the official documents. It will be a proper send off to arguably the most successful model in their history.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Announcement should be coming by end of August. I suspect September they will start opening up the order books again. New production will not resume until Jan 1st.

Again, cannot say more but I have seen the official documents. It will be a proper send off to arguably the most successful model in their history.
I'm just worried about US allocations running out by then. But if it's a Final or Ultimate Edition Vantage, that would be awesome. Albeit at a premium? Would GT production stop before then and limit our options? I do know several MY2016 GTs have been built..

Old 07-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Smile

007 - I respect the allegiance you might have with keeping secrets to Q (see what I did there!), but could you answer this ... similar to Rhonin's comment .....

I am looking to buy a Vantage GT due to the awesome price-to-value ratio. In other words I am looking to spend ~$120k USD. With that being said will there be another/different special edition (like the N430/GT) that is priced in that general target or are we looking at some premium upscale Vantage models?

This would help me decide if I should buy from a dealer I have been negotiating with on a MY15 GT or worth waiting on a new special edition that would fall into that pricing range...

A "wait a month" or "I wouldn't worry then" could go a long way in helping me personally in my decision! Thank you kindly in advance.

Last edited by UltraAston; 07-25-2015 at 06:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes