Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fell in love with the V12 Vantage...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 01:02 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
Fell in love with the V12 Vantage...

But not sure what to sell to free up garage space. I had an 07 V8 Vantage for about two years. It was a blast, but felt like a true GT with it's heavy flywheel and smooth, moderate performance. When I got into the V12 Vantage, I was expecting at least some of the same, but was surprised by the rev-happy engine, torque, and that wonderful V12 sound. So, now I want one! Would appreciate any thoughts/opinions on what to trade in:

1. 2013 RS5. Pros: great daily driver, AWD, already have winter wheel setup, great sounding V8 with capristo exhaust, audicare maintenance, great for hauling around my kids. Cons: DCT (although this is a pro in traffic), moderate performance.

2. 2013 Carrera 4S. Pros: pretty good daily, AWD, can still haul kids around, although not as comfortable, 7sp manual which is a ton of fun but sucks in traffic, well optioned CPO. Cons: just really not the most practical daily driver with two kids under 6.

3. 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Pros: amazing driving experience (like nothing else IMHO), holds value well. Cons: expensive maintenance, too much attention

To be honest, I'm not really considering trading in the Scud, but want to put in the consideration set in case there's a point of view I haven't thought of yet.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Old 07-04-2015, 02:51 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Ger rid of the RS5 or the 4S. The 430 has been one of my fav cars. A friend of mine got his 2 years ago and he really loves it. I am not thinking of picking it up in a year or so.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:19 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Man I hate to say this on a Porsche enthusiast site but I'd get rid of the Porsche.
The Audi is a better daily.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:07 PM
SandmanG500 is on a distinguished road
Similar here, I just traded in my 14' Audi for another toy. Let either the Audi or the Porsche go, neither will hurt you. The RS5 is fun, spontaneous, and stylish. The porsche would be great if it were a cabriolet. Right now Audi dealership really are desperate for the 2013s because low CPO inventory issues. You probably will get more trade in value. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
My opinion:
Keep the RS5 for its practicality
Sell the C4S
Keep the Scud for its fun and continued value

If you're looking at an earlier V12V with a manual transmission, you'll still have a stick in your garage even if you get rid of the Porsche.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:11 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
^^ as above. Ditch the Porker.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys! I've only had the C4S for a few months and bought it partially for the track (which it did great at last Friday). I may just delay the V12 purchase or figure out an incremental garage situation.

I was pretty convinced about moving the RS5, but I can't get myself to sell it. I think I will be even more fond of it again come winter.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
If you are thinking of selling the Scud let me know. I'm in the market for another one.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:41 PM
RossL - back to the scud, huh? I remember looking at your pristine example when you were selling yours. It is definitely a unique experience.

Pretty set on keeping the scud at this point, but will let you know otherwise.

At this point, that v12 test drive has worn off a bit, but I see myself pulling the trigger at some point. Still not sure whether to trade the rs5, but will try to wait until next summer if I can!!

Old 07-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
You are right not to sell the scud (sorry Ross!). Prices have risen sharply over the past year or so. I don't see values decreasing any time soon (maybe ever).

V12V is amazing btw. Wish I still had one, but it had to go to make room for the scud

Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
You are right not to sell the scud (sorry Ross!). Prices have risen sharply over the past year or so. I don't see values decreasing any time soon (maybe ever).

V12V is amazing btw. Wish I still had one, but it had to go to make room for the scud
Yea yea yea

Old 07-09-2015, 04:15 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Have you thought about a 4 post lift? Its a good way to add garage space.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Thought about a lift but don't think there's enough height in my garage.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I purposely did not drive any V12V's when looking because I knew it would wreck me. I'd have one in my garage right now and nobody in my bed at night anymore!

Old 07-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ssaa77
Thought about a lift but don't think there's enough height in my garage.
All you need is 9' 1/2" of height if you have sports cars. or low cars to stack. This is what I have in my garages.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage_Fiesta_Aston.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	423985  
Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fell in love with the V12 Vantage...