Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Turn signal relay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Turn signal relay

So I'm working on setting up my rear blinkers to flow to the outside. My final step is to slow down the turn signal rate. I've seen online where people have taken apart the relay and modified it to slow the rate.

But where the heck is it? I've looked through the shop manual and wiring diagrams but can't figure it out.

I'm traveling and was passing through Houston this AM and thought I'd stop by the dealer for an assist. They sent me to parts and he said to go see a technician. The technician said he had no idea and would have to look it up. Came back a little bit later and said there isn't one, it's integrated in the control module. I call BS. In every car I've owned it's just been a little inch to half inch device the plugged in.

Am I wrong? Anyone know where it's located? 2009 DB9V

Last edited by Old phart; 07-06-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:15 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
No serviceable relays in the system. Central Electronic Module outputs to signal (lamp assy) via hardwired connection. "CEM" gets its orders from CCM via CAN with the input from signal lever position.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
It might be easier to buy a Mustang

Old 07-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I almost had mine converted to sequential when I switched to clear lights and one of the tail lights was bad. Flyryde in California opens up tail lights to create custom LED's even from non-LED applications. (www.flyryde.com). I think I remember he quoted something like $300 per light, and has to redo the innards to make it happen.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I'm sure you could make a latching circuit that toggles once for every on/off cycle of the CEM, essentially increasing the time by a factor of two.