Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage V12S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 03:54 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Vantage V12S

I have a 2014 PTTS as my DD. I am in the market for a smaller, even more sporty car. While I was looking at the 911 turboS and unsure about it, the salesman took me to their Aston Martin store down the street. I drove the Vantage V12S and was blown away. The car was just raw power and the exhaust note was intoxicating. Then I come to find out that there is a lease special which would cost me 45k less then the 911 turboS. I think I may do it. Any thoughts or experience with the Vantage V12S?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
So you bought your TTS from Jag of Troy?? What I can tell you is that Brian B. at the Aston store is top shelf and a great guy to deal with. I bought my '09 V8V new from him and the entire process was awesome (and having the service done over at the Jag shop was also a great experience.... really good guys there!). That being said (even though I am back in a P car) I would take the V12V over the TTS any day of the week!

Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
What are they saying in the other forum?

Old 07-25-2015, 09:53 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by deckman
Not a lot of response but most are saying the Aston looks good and sounds good but the transmission is problem.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have a 2007 Vantage 4.3 with a stick, while I have not driven the V 12 Vantage my understanding of it is just what you said raw power great sound. I would look for an earlier car with the manual gearbox there for solving your gearbox problem While still having the looks and the motor.
Ron

Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
This type of thread confuses me...

Originally Posted by deckman
Who cares? OP said he drove it and was "blown away". This is a good thing, is it not? So why does it matter what other people think?

Originally Posted by georgemaser
Not a lot of response but most are saying the Aston looks good and sounds good but the transmission is problem.
You say you drove the car. What did YOU think of the transmission?

Get the car YOU want. Too many folks out there obsessing with others' opinions, resale values etc. These are not rational purchases, and they are certainly not investments. And they have about 500% more power than you could ever sanely use on the public road, so performance stats are just d*ck waving. If you loved the car, go for it - you only live once!

Last edited by spinecho; 07-26-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:24 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spinecho
You say you drove the car. What did YOU think of the transmission?
This. The transmission isn't a "problem" as much as it's an automated single clutch manual. If you're expecting dual-clutch transmission shifting speed with automatic transmission smoothness, you'll get neither. You drove the car - if you had no issues with the transmission, you know what to expect.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Just my 2 C- I am on my second Vantage.. this one is a 2015 V12S which i got at the end of december.. It is my DD and so far put almost 8k fun amazing miles on it.. wouldn't do it any other way!!! no issues with the transmission or anything else. I was also a fan of manual and didn't think i would like this one but now i wouldn't go back to manual.. u need to live with it to know and no opinion will tell you how YOU will feel.

As a side note- 3 months after buying my vantage I SOLD MY convertible 911 as i could not get myself to drive it vs the vantage

Good luck

Old 07-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Breezman
Just my 2 C- I am on my second Vantage.. this one is a 2015 V12S which i got at the end of december.. It is my DD and so far put almost 8k fun amazing miles on it.. wouldn't do it any other way!!! no issues with the transmission or anything else. I was also a fan of manual and didn't think i would like this one but now i wouldn't go back to manual.. u need to live with it to know and no opinion will tell you how YOU will feel.

As a side note- 3 months after buying my vantage I SOLD MY convertible 911 as i could not get myself to drive it vs the vantage

Good luck

Thanks for all the input. I pulled the trigger on it and should get it when I am back from a vacation in 2 weeks.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by georgemaser
Thanks for all the input. I pulled the trigger on it and should get it when I am back from a vacation in 2 weeks.

Awesome. congratulations... Now u need to come down and we can take you for a drive up the coast

Old 07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics

Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
So glad to hear this. People buying new Astons off the dealer's floor makes me happy.

I want to punch the entire auto journalism pool for their lame descriptions of the transmission. While mine is one gen older (SSII), I love it and PREFER it to a manual or a dual clutch auto. I think the automated manual is a perfect mate for what a Vantage is and how a Vantage should feel.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by ibisrider
so glad to hear this. People buying new astons off the dealer's floor makes me happy.

I want to punch the entire auto journalism pool for their lame descriptions of the transmission. While mine is one gen older (ssii), i love it and prefer it to a manual or a dual clutch auto. I think the automated manual is a perfect mate for what a vantage is and how a vantage should feel.
amen:d

Old 07-31-2015, 01:08 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Good for you! Looking forward to your pics and first impressions!

Old 08-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Glad to hear the positive reviews.