left front turn signal - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

left front turn signal

Old 06-10-2018, 03:28 PM
blue2000s will become famous soon enoughblue2000s will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by drivergmx View Post
Did you happen to notice any manufacturer's part numbers on the clear lens? I purchased a car that spent many years in the Florida sun and as a result the clear lenses are crazed. It would be a huge cost savings if I could replace the lens only. Aston Martin DCS only lists the complete assembly:

4G43-13W029-CD and 4G43-13W030-CD
@drivergmx I don't know if you're still visiting the site. In case you are, the plastic lenses on these cars (and all others) have a UV protective coating on them. Over time and exposure, the coating can turn yellow or crack. Without the coating, the plastic would yellow and turn foggy very quickly.

Aston only offers the complete headlight assembly.

It's much less expensive to refinish the lenses. This is done through first masking off the car or removing the headlights. Then wet sanding off all of the old clear coat with 1000 grit paper. You can see the old clear coat as you remove it. It will be obvious that there's a line between the coated and uncoated plastic of the lens. It looks kind of like the peeling clear coat on a car's paint finish.

Once the clear is completely removed, continue wet sanding with gradually finer paper at 90 degrees from the grit before until reaching 3000 grit. I used 4 different grit levels. Then repainting the lenses with a UV clear coat paint. There are 2 part UV clear coats that you can purchase from an aerosol can that actually provide a pretty nice finish if done correctly. A fine wet sand after completely dry and then polish will result in better than new lenses that will last a long time.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:54 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
hey detomaso
any chance you can add an arrow to the loose part that was found on your board ,on my posted picture . it might help someone else for future troubleshooting.