Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Took the V8V out to the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 12:25 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Korntera
Probably won't be taking this car out much more. That's what the Lotus is for. I just want to safely test the limits of my cars so I can be a safer driver on the road. Find the limits and then move on....
Amen.

I try this with every car I get. I don't think most people really understand their new car until this is done. I definitely don't want to learn the limits of my driving skill in a car in inclement weather on public roads.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:00 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

I understand wanting to learn the limits of the car on the track. I'm not sure how it would help much on public roads though. There shouldn't be any situation where you even approach the limits of the car when street driving.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deckman
I understand wanting to learn the limits of the car on the track. I'm not sure how it would help much on public roads though. There shouldn't be any situation where you even approach the limits of the car when street driving.
So you have never had to brake hard to miss an animal running out in front of you. You never brakes hard or swerved after another car in front did. Have you ever hit something slick and needed to regain control of your car? The track can teach you all of these things in a safe environment. It does not mean you speed in the road and apex over the yellow line. Knowing the limits are important because you never know what may come at you in any car.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:07 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

Good points.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:20 PM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Korntera
So you have never had to brake hard to miss an animal running out in front of you. You never brakes hard or swerved after another car in front did. Have you ever hit something slick and needed to regain control of your car? The track can teach you all of these things in a safe environment. It does not mean you speed in the road and apex over the yellow line. Knowing the limits are important because you never know what may come at you in any car.
Very true. One thing that driving on the track taught me was to look much further through the turns than I used to - which saved me the other day when a car pulled out right in front of me half way around a turn. I was able to swing into the oncoming traffic lane to avoid her because I knew there was nothing coming. I truly believe that driving at the track makes you a better, safer driver on the road.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Lessons learned from track driving have a nearly direct translation to winter driving, although at much lower speeds.