Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New member - Just got a DB9 coupe - Need OEM lug nuts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 AM
KOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura about
New member - Just got a DB9 coupe - Need OEM lug nuts

I've been reading this forum for quite some time while searching for an early DB9. Thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself since I've finally found a car that is almost exactly what I've wanted, except, it had 22" after market wheels on the rear and 20" wheels on the front. Some members might be familiar with the car, as it's been in Central Florida since new in 2005, and stands out from the rest a bit because of the large wheels with rims painted in the blue sapphire body color.

I was able to locate a set of 15 spoke AM wheels which are now installed with after market lug nuts. I thought some members who've installed after market wheels might still have the original lug nuts somewhere in a dusty box in the garage.

If anyone has a set they'd like to sell, please PM me. Here are before and after pictures showing the new and old wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1822.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	428535   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2130.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	428536  
Old 09-17-2015, 07:35 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Good choice. Massive improvement!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:50 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Great decision indeed! What went wrong with the previous owner deciding to put these hideous aftermarket wheels on...

Safe driving!

Old 09-17-2015, 08:06 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome! Blue looks really good! Is the interior Obsidian ?
Do the OEM lugs for your 05 have the smooth or dimple face surface? I might be able to help. We're about a hour away from each other.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:19 AM
KOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura about
The aftermarket wheels had been on the car for some time. They were on there when the previous owner bought the car from AM Orlando. Not sure how it was decided these wheels were an "improvement". The wheels are very high quality, and I'm sure cost a lot of money. Although the wheels themselves are oversize, the outside diameter of the tire is less than 1 cm different from the AM 19's. (There's a formula to calculate the OD from the tire size.)

The rears were 10.5' wide, which is the only effective dimensional change from OEM. There was just a lot less rubber between the wheel and the road, and the setup would not have been very tolerant of pot holes or tall curbs (kerbs).

Surprisingly, the ride quality was not much different between the OEM and after market wheels, but the handling and steering is much better with the AM 19's.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi 007sportspack

I believe the originals have a smooth face. I think that only one style lug nut is used by AM on both the Vantage and DB9 and others as well. Hopefully, we'll get some input on this from others who are much more knowledgable than myself.

I believe the interior is creme truffle, although that's just an educated guess, as I don't know where on the car to find the leather color code or how to read it. Here's a rather poor shot of the color.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084a.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	428547  
Old 09-17-2015, 03:01 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Blue W/ Truffle interior - Great color combo!
LUGS (see attached photo) Notice the surface face difference, shoulders & lug length. I don't know what style you need OEM? The forum has allot of knowledgeable participants. My guess is someone will know/help.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&d=1442522091

Old 09-18-2015, 04:02 AM
07sportspack - The link you posted doesn't work. I sent you a PM. The proper lug nuts for the earlier DB9's look like this:

Attached Images