Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!

Old 10-20-2015, 11:37 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I'm sorry to be the one to say it but it is lame to put a V12V hood on a V8.
To each his own. It's not like he's putting some obnoxious body kit on the car. As long as he doesn't debadge to pass it off as a V12. To me the V8 hood/bonnet is more attractive than the V12 but that's just my personal taste.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:55 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by deckman
To each his own. It's not like he's putting some obnoxious body kit on the car. As long as he doesn't debadge to pass it off as a V12. To me the V8 hood/bonnet is more attractive than the V12 but that's just my personal taste.
Yeh, what he said. +1

Old 10-20-2015, 02:38 PM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
+1. But to each their own.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
If I could easily afford it, I'd put a v12 hood on my v8 instead of buying the v12 which is a bit overpowered for my taste (and age I guess).

Old 10-20-2015, 09:39 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
FWIW, Some of us just like the more aggressive look of the V12V hood with those large carbon vents and the power bulge. It has nothing to do with pretending or trying to fool anyone that the car has a different engine. Besides, many other cosmetic components start out on one model and then migrate to others. Case in point: the V12V splitter, diffuser and side sills. Was it lame for Aston to put them on the V8VS?

Old 10-21-2015, 05:37 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
FWIW, Some of us just like the more aggressive look of the V12V hood with those large carbon vents and the power bulge. It has nothing to do with pretending or trying to fool anyone that the car has a different engine. Besides, many other cosmetic components start out on one model and then migrate to others. Case in point: the V12V splitter, diffuser and side sills. Was it lame for Aston to put them on the V8VS?
All off the similarities between the V8S and the V12 are part of a design evolution by Aston. The V12V bonnet is functional to accommodate the size and heat of the V12. Personally, I struggled with the look of it. As others have said, the regular hood is more elegant. The V12 hood is certainly more aggressive but it is the only distinguishing feature not shared by any other Vantage. That's why I think that it is lame. I'm not trying to hate. It's just my opinion having had both a V8 and V12.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Marcos AMV8 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I'm sorry to be the one to say it but it is lame to put a V12V hood on a V8.
Well, thats depend of your perception, for me is ridiculous pay for a DBS when is a DB9 lightly tuned, or pay for a GT3RS when you can have something better buying a normal 991 and tuning it for half the price.

For me the fun its built a normal sport car into a supercar that beats his "big brothers"

I started installing:

- Full exhaust system, 4.1 headers, race CATS, custom center x, and free flow super sport muffler from Quicksilver.
- Free flow cotton filters from K&N.
- Lightweight flywheel with dual ceramic disc clutch (I refurbished it with Kevlar, too hard the engage).
- Front and rear swaybars with sticky ones from Aston Martin.
- Floor pannels front and rear from the Volante to gain chassis stifment.
- Remap the TCU to get faster shiftments.

Now Im working on aerodinamics and this package Im going to install is to make the car more stable at high speeds and when cornering.

I was looking for a racing bonnet from The V collection but for mi this one is more agresive, but as I have mine original hood left we are considering modify it as the one from V collection but looks like a rare aleation, lets see its possible..Maybe could transform it in something look alike the GT3 bonnet..

I buy a rear wing that Im going to install and for me looks like better than the one installed in the GT4 or GT3.

I buy the side sills of the V12/V8S instead the ones of the N400.

Now im lookin for front canards and a custom made race grille, I donīt like the one of the V12.

After aerodinamics Im going to install:

- Nitron R3 race shocks.
- New ABS/Traction control unit from Bosch motorsport with a dial at the steering wheel.
- Big 380 brakes front and 355 rear with steel brake lines.
- Two small centrifugal superchargers from Vortech.
- Two intercoolers at the front, maybe at both sides of the front bumper, in front of the airboxes..need to do something similar to the gruppe M front bumper..
- New intake system, with a custom made intake headers, polishing both ports and maybe something similar to the N400 aiboxes.
- Water/Methanol injection similar to the one that GMR uses in his supercharger kit.
- ECU profesional custom tuning to match differents mods and to achieve the max power when race mode.
- Widders front and rear ally lightweight wheels to hold the extra power

The intercoolers in conjunction with the methanol/wather injection is to low down the air temperature at maximun and avoid the need of install forged pistons and connecting rods while getting the biggest compresion ratio as possible to achieve near 700 hp

The list will increase with many other mods and modifications, race fuel cell, racing seats, roll cage..

For sure I will finished all of this in one year and a half or maybe two, but as you see my car will be a beast and will beat the V12S, the GT4 and maybe the GT3..For sure the Vulcan not, Im realistic.

So for me this is cool, have fun with your car, make a special relationship with it, keeping it forever and beating other supercars in all the field, not only staraight aceleration. My dream will be race at Nurburgring and make a better lap than the GT3 for example, you know a serial 4.3L beating a V12 prepared for track

Lame for me is going to a dealer, buy a V12S, keep it for 3 or 4 years using the car to impress girls at the exit of a Club or making noise outside Harrods and after that and sell it for another sport car.

But, the world is free and everybody do what makes his self happy, for me this V12 bonnet makes me right now happy

Old 10-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Wink

My rear wing is on the way..take a look..Also see a car with one installed at Nurburgring..I will leave the wing in carbono and Put the legend ASTON MARTING RACIN in white in the upper side, the side slats in yellow with a customs decals of the aston martin logo and ASTON MARTIN RACING legend in black in both sides and the screws and nuts of the legs in black instead the metalic ones..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	430764   Click image for larger version

Name:	trasera aleron.png
Views:	206
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	430765   Click image for larger version

Name:	aleron trasero vantage 2.png
Views:	125
Size:	1,022.7 KB
ID:	430766   Click image for larger version

Name:	aleron trasero vantage 1.png
Views:	122
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	430767   Click image for larger version

Name:	detalle del aleron.png
Views:	129
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	430768  

Click image for larger version

Name:	lateral total.png
Views:	148
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	430769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aleron de lejos.png
Views:	134
Size:	817.9 KB
ID:	430772  
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I saw the Nurburgring guy post on PH a long while back, he's got a nice setup on his car, mostly stock if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Nitron coilovers - I need to swap my OEM struts and H&R springs out for something more track-capable.

I greatly prefer the look of the V8V hood to that of the V12V. However, I'd love the extra cooling from more/larger vents - my engine bay gets super hot after spirited driving. So long as a person doesn't slap on a V12V hood and then tell people it's a V12, I don't see the harm in it. It's purely about personal preference, in my opinion.

And holy crap this turned into a big project! Looking forward to following your progress with it!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by telum01
I saw the Nurburgring guy post on PH a long while back, he's got a nice setup on his car, mostly stock if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Nitron coilovers - I need to swap my OEM struts and H&R springs out for something more track-capable.

I greatly prefer the look of the V8V hood to that of the V12V. However, I'd love the extra cooling from more/larger vents - my engine bay gets super hot after spirited driving. So long as a person doesn't slap on a V12V hood and then tell people it's a V12, I don't see the harm in it. It's purely about personal preference, in my opinion.

And holy crap this turned into a big project! Looking forward to following your progress with it!
I found him and posted him! Thank you very much for your hep!

Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Hey guys! Forgot to say that I have already two Quicksilver mufflers one super sport installed and one Sport left completly new, if some one is interested in the Sport PM me please, I also have a pair of RSC Tuninig high flow filters and could sell two together, 13.5 hp and a nice deep better sound

Old 10-21-2015, 05:27 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
…snip... The V12 hood is certainly more aggressive but it is the only distinguishing feature not shared by any other Vantage.
The carbon fiber surround and mesh grille of the V12VS, and the V12V wheels are also other distinguishing features. Not that anyone, other than us geeks, notices these differences.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:23 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
@telum01: I'll install coilovers Nitron in five weeks, I'll give you feedback

Old 10-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vince_1972
@telum01: I'll install coilovers Nitron in five weeks, I'll give you feedback

Looks Fantastic Vince! Congratulations! Are R3 three way adjustables?

Iīve installed also stiff sway bars, front and rear and floor panels, front and rear too, from the Volante, and the car change absolutely! More rigid and stable..If you donīt have them installed I recomended you!

With the adition of the Nitron will be amazing!

Also I ask Powerflex to change bushings and they told me that they donīt have an specific kit for our car so Im goint to look if its possible use their universal parts and if will fit the whole car

Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 PM
SUFitness is on a distinguished road
Wow what a project you have going. Thanks for sharing with us.

Do you have any updates on the fitment of the OYA carbon parts?

And sorry if I overlooked it, but how long did it take for the parts to arrive?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!