Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Yikes... that's what I was worried about. Carbon fiber is extremely labor-intensive stuff to make. I've looked into making things myself and it's something I'd rather not deal with just yet. To reach their price point, something's gotta give.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Marcos AMV8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deckman
That's no good. Is that the first piece you have had a problem with? What other pieces do you still have to try fitting? What is the policy of the manufacturer for returns?
I have tried the hood only, it only have a few waves but I dont care about because Im going to paint it to match the car colour, also ant the front end its a little smaller than original but almost 1,5mm in each side, maybe with the paint and the barnish will fit ok

I havent try anything more but the rear diffuser doesnīt fit very well, I will inform everybody as soon is installed

Old 12-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Shardul is on a distinguished road
That's no good. Is that the first piece you have had a problem with? What other pieces do you still have to try fitting? What is the policy of the manufacturer for returns?
good luck trying to deal with China on returns and fitment issues. You assume the risk of poor fitment with the lower price

Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
So you've dealt with them and they screwed you?

Old 12-02-2015, 03:41 PM
So you've dealt with them and they screwed you?
i have dealt with numerous vendors from China, what I am trying to say is that their after sales support is next to useless.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:13 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Got it

Old 12-02-2015, 04:21 PM
I've written them asking about their policy when a piece can't be made to fit. I will let everyone know how they respond.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Mierda!

I feel for you.. Had a similar experience when I upgraded my DB9's bum to the Mansory/DBS-style diffuser: I found the Chinese factory that makes the Mansory bodykit off which I ordered the bumper + diffuser only. I had the option for CF or GRP with the latter ordered since I had a feel it may not fit properly. When it arrived it looked good but when I tried it on....

Apart from that I felt some edges weren't the way they should have been so out came the 2K fiberglass: it took me a 'couple' of weekends to get it right: I stopped counting regarding how many times I had to put the bumper on/off.

PS: the rearlid lip shown is from Kahn with a dismal fit as well. Pretty sure that came from the same neck of the woods..

Attached Images         
Old 12-03-2015, 05:26 AM
Here is the reply from the manufacturer regarding the rear spoiler issue:

We will replcace or refund you if there is a fitment issue. And it is OK to send you other parts instead as it could save some bank cost. Pls know that.

By the way, could you ask the PI code for me? So i could check it first.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:52 AM
nice.

good to hear they are working with you

Old 12-03-2015, 08:26 AM
This is actually for Marcos. I haven't bought anything from them, just contemplating it. I to them about the problem he's experiencing and that was the reply they sent me. So Marcos if you have something known as a PI code, can you get that to me? Or PM me and I'll make introductions to the guy I'm communicating with.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:04 AM
This is actually for Marcos. I haven't bought anything from them, just contemplating it. I to them about the problem he's experiencing and that was the reply they sent me. So Marcos if you have something known as a PI code, can you get that to me? Or PM me and I'll make introductions to the guy I'm communicating with.
Hi Dekman Sure, I have a few dates I can bring you, here is the Invoice, is in PDF I was waiting until all was fitted and tested to see is there are more fitment issues..as I see at the end of the Hood is a little separation of about 1 mm and a half but for sure after painting it and the varnish and a little fixing ajustaments will be ok, if nothing more appear.. There are too two or three little waves also but as I said as the hood is gonna be painted I donīt care and could be repared easyly. Here is a photo.

I see you are interested in buy Oya a few parts and want to know if they take care of fitment problems. Im going to talk with they after test all the parts but lets see what they say to you Thank you for your help mate!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151203_183753.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	434358  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PI-OYA15834-Marcos-Spain.pdf (111.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-04-2015, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
Mierda!

I feel for you.. Had a similar experience when I upgraded my DB9's bum to the Mansory/DBS-style diffuser: I found the Chinese factory that makes the Mansory bodykit off which I ordered the bumper + diffuser only. I had the option for CF or GRP with the latter ordered since I had a feel it may not fit properly. When it arrived it looked good but when I tried it on....

Apart from that I felt some edges weren't the way they should have been so out came the 2K fiberglass: it took me a 'couple' of weekends to get it right: I stopped counting regarding how many times I had to put the bumper on/off.

PS: the rearlid lip shown is from Kahn with a dismal fit as well. Pretty sure that came from the same neck of the woods..
Hi Sdekoning!

Men! You are a profesional in fiber compounds as I see, nice job! You got a real nice rear end!

I see that as Shardul says that the price we have to pay for a lower price..in this life nothing is free

Well, lets see if appear more fittment issues and if I can resolve all without many complications..

One question..I never buy nothing in glass fiber because with the time and enviromental causes as sun, there appear distortions and waves in the surface, thats why I choose carbon fiber..after a time with your rear bumper, all its ok with it?

Old 12-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Sdekoning! I see your photos!

Maybe Im wrong but you canīt rest the car in those red lifts in that points! The structure will suffer a lot! You have to use the fourth points in the sides that Aston Martin says must be used to lift the car!

Be aware of that mate!

Old 12-05-2015, 03:31 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Marcos AMV8
Hi Sdekoning!

Men! You are a profesional in fiber compounds as I see, nice job! You got a real nice rear end!

One question..I never buy nothing in glass fiber because with the time and enviromental causes as sun, there appear distortions and waves in the surface, thats why I choose carbon fiber..after a time with your rear bumper, all its ok with it?
Thank you for the compliments. The upgrade was finalized in Jan '15 and nearly a year later I do not spot any distortion or wave of some sort. All seems to be very well. Do know that it took me lot's of patience to get it to fit. My experience with Fiberglass is that it should not be prone to any 'tension' when fitted.

Well spotted re the posts: beginner's mistake which I rectified straight after. Not seen any damage afterwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!