Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Center Console Removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 01:12 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Center Console Removal?

I had some free time today so I thought I would install the ten glass buttons I purchased on my '11 V8VS. The seat buttons were easy, the top four in the ski slope were fairly easy but I can't seem to figure out how to take the center console apart so that I can access the stereo head unit to install the three that fit there. I have watched the video on youtube about how to access the area in a DB9 but it is not the same as a Vantage. Does anyone here know how to take apart the center console? The final glass button goes in the dash to release the glove box.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:15 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
I don't have a Vantage but does this help?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/380119-shifter-surround-removal.html

Old 12-31-2015, 02:47 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of

So far I have discovered the two screws hidden under the cup holders and the two under the leather piece behind the arm rest. Still nothing moves. Anyone know what the next step is?

Old 12-31-2015, 03:56 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
You have a roadster which is a more difficult removal/install than the coupe.
PM sent...
Aside from that, everyone have a Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
This one of the downsides of limited production cars. Not many people have done the trailblazing for us in the past and documented DIY jobs. It was nice in the Porsche world. No matter what I wanted to do there were always multiple write ups telling me exactly how to do it.

You'll manage to figure it out, and you will love the look! It's subtle, but really helps in making the interior even more elegant!

Last edited by deckman; 12-31-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:16 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Maybe this thread is closer to what you need
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-roadster.html

Old 01-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Installing glass switches

Don thanks for the help. Mine was a newer model so a few twists involved but got it done. If anyone needs help with installing glass switches on a newer vantage or vantage roadster let me know.