Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Track day Astons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:29 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sirdaft1
Those look incredible out on the track. How do they hold up? And do any of you guys run a more aggressive pad?
I use Porterfield R4 pads on my 07 V8V over stock rotor and they hold up pretty well. A friend with 07 V8V in Michigan only uses Pagid Yellow RS29 over stock rotor.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 AM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I don't use a more aggressive pad... I'm going to purchase Michelin Cup 2's (unless advised otherwise by you guys)... So far the cars have held up fine. I'm looking forward to improving my lap times with the new rubber and the Fabspeed X-pipe & tune.

Though I haven't run them on my Aston I had the cup2's on my Evora and was much happier with the Pilot Super Sports.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:47 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Had Pagid Yellows and Carbotech XP10 on my previous V8V. Preferred the Pagids.

Have PS Cup2's on my V12VS, tracked twice last summer. Great tire! PSS are a great tire, too, but obviously more street oriented.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Sirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cret
I use Porterfield R4 pads on my 07 V8V over stock rotor and they hold up pretty well. A friend with 07 V8V in Michigan only uses Pagid Yellow RS29 over stock rotor.
Are PFC's available for the V8V?

Old 03-16-2016, 07:55 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I don't use a more aggressive pad... I'm going to purchase Michelin Cup 2's (unless advised otherwise by you guys)... So far the cars have held up fine. I'm looking forward to improving my lap times with the new rubber and the Fabspeed X-pipe & tune.
Not sure what size tire your running, or availability, but I'd recommend Bridgestone RE71R's. They are the nearest thing in grip to a full r-comp tire, and will wear a little better than the Cup 2's. Also likey better in the rain

If you're just gonna use the tire for the track, NT01's are a great value, and you can usually get a deal during spring from discount tire. Last I saw was $200 of a set. However, these tires are not too good in the rain.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:09 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys for your input on the tires. I'm going to go with the Michelin PILOT SUPER SPORT tires.
Question: Should I go up to the 295/35-19's versus the original 285/35-19's?
The difference in the overall diameter is 26.9" vs. 27.1" which is negligible (Note the speedometer is optimistic by 2 mph @ 60 mph which might read more accurate with the larger size).
Thanks in advance for any replies...
I've decided to keep the original Vantage S wheels.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:12 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for your input on the tires. I'm going to go with the Michelin PILOT SUPER SPORT tires.
Question: Should I go up to the 295/35-19's versus the original 285/35-19's?
The difference in the overall diameter is 26.9" vs. 27.1" which is negligible (Note the speedometer is optimistic by 2 mph @ 60 mph which might read more accurate with the larger size).
Thanks in advance for any replies...
I've decided to keep the original Vantage S wheels.
Up size the rears will not change the speedometer, the fronts will. I can't recall the rear width of the S wheels, but my 9.5" maxed out at 285. If yours is 10"+, I say go for 295.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:19 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cret
I can't recall the rear width of the S wheels, but my 9.5" maxed out at 285. If yours is 10"+, I say go for 295.
Agreed - I've got 285s on my 9.5" rear wheels and wouldn't go with a wider tire. If you've got a 10" wheel, a 295 tire would be fine.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Sirdaft1
Are PFC's available for the V8V?
I believe they are. Which compound(s)?

Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
REAR WHEEL: 10.0J X 19” according to Aston Martin's web site... Thanks guys!

Old 03-19-2016, 07:45 AM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Separate question but what is the best modern day not brags new AM for the track? Also how do the v8v compare to the v12v on street and light tracking? Reliability and more maint ?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:46 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VTGT
Separate question but what is the best modern day not brags new AM for the track? Also how do the v8v compare to the v12v on street and light tracking? Reliability and more maint ?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pressions.html

Old 03-19-2016, 08:27 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Thanks that was great. Maybe I will pick us a v8v to mess around with perhaps 6 speed. Could be a fun car with a touch more soul then a 997S. Was considering a 991 S but I'm really a big motor NA guy at heart. Value is definitely nice on the 4.7, I guess I should try driving both. I am Richmond Va and there are about zero for sale though...

Old 03-20-2016, 06:50 PM
williambnj is on a distinguished road
REAR WHEEL: 10.0J X 19” according to Aston Martin's web site... Thanks guys!
I am a member at Monticello and just put a build together for a DB 11 with Aston Martin Summit which will be my first Aston. Hope to see you up there again this year!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by williambnj
I am a member at Monticello and just put a build together for a DB 11 with Aston Martin Summit which will be my first Aston. Hope to see you up there again this year!
I'm looking forward to meeting you. (I live in Glen Ridge) Join the Aston Martin Owners Club as the have an event at Lime Rock in June that is a must.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track day Astons