Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Track day Astons

Old 01-15-2016, 12:14 PM
AM v12v is on a distinguished road
Track day Astons

Where do you keep your fire extinguisher?

Also post any pics of your car on track!

Old 01-15-2016, 12:59 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've yet to run with a fire extinguisher in the car, but a mounting solution for that is on my list of things to do.

In case you didn't see it, you might find some good info in this

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...our-aston.html

Old 01-15-2016, 02:23 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I tracked my Aston 3 times in 2015 and never even thought of purchasing a fire extinguisher.
I will purchase an extinguisher for my Spider Veloce though... and I will never track that car.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:06 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I certainly applaud your concern for safety. A portable fire extinguisher in a track car has 2 things that would worry me. First, you want to make sure it's mounted very securely, and not behind you where if dislodged, it could be a missle. Second, I wouldn't want to be fiddling about releasing it and attempting to put out a fire. If on fire, I'm getting out, cars can be replaced.

My race cars have fire systems, with a quick release which is pulled in a fraction of a second on the way out of the car. Though that's clearly not practical on a street driven car. I also keep an extinguisher in my trailer, and in the pit stall.

Most tracks supply their corner workers with extinguishers. This is something to ask your track about. If it was possible, and I had a fire, I'd stop near a corner worker.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:10 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I have only run my Astons occasionally and have not done so with an extinguisher, but I do have one mounted in my regular trackway car (Exige).

Pics below are from my V8V days. Unfortunately when I took my V12VS out this summer, no decent pics were taken.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:13 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-21-2016, 12:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Old 01-21-2016, 03:32 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Are we representing green Astons, or what? :-)

Old 01-21-2016, 03:43 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Does this count? I ran into these lovely chaps at Road Atlanta a few years ago while there for an HPDE...

Old 01-22-2016, 12:31 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER

Love the unusual green Aston. Is that Zagato next to you??? wow.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Yes, the red Aston was a rare Zagato. The owner "invested" in the car rather than the stock market early last year. Smart choice I say. He drove it like he stole it... Getting loose just before the main straight (huge *****)...
Regarding my color. It's British Racing Green. My last car, an 07 Vantage was Goodwood Green, a slightly lighter, sportier green which I prefer.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:03 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Please excuse the crappy resolution, these were screenshots off my GoPro video.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Sirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cret

Originally Posted by spinecho
I have only run my Astons occasionally and have not done so with an extinguisher, but I do have one mounted in my regular trackway car (Exige).

Pics below are from my V8V days. Unfortunately when I took my V12VS out this summer, no decent pics were taken.

Originally Posted by AXARUNNER

Those look incredible out on the track. How do they hold up? And do any of you guys run a more aggressive pad?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great photos! What a beautiful track as well. Looks like you had fun.
Ron

Old 03-15-2016, 09:27 AM
I don't use a more aggressive pad... I'm going to purchase Michelin Cup 2's (unless advised otherwise by you guys)... So far the cars have held up fine. I'm looking forward to improving my lap times with the new rubber and the Fabspeed X-pipe & tune.

Ron: Notice the absence of cars on that track... I ran at Lime Rock and Monticello last year. Monticello was epic as it was a Summit Aston Martin event with 10 cars and 10 professional drivers assisting us with the "line". We ran carts that day too.

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 03-15-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track day Astons