Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brake Disc Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 09:03 AM
robhamster has a spectacular aura aboutrobhamster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GDay2
I replaced the original pads with EBC red stuff, did not change the rotors. 500 Km embarrassing squealing, from then on absolute silence, brilliant braking performance and very low dust. I am happy and recommend them.

Cheers

Christian
Christian, I put EBC Red Stuff on my 07 DB9 without changing the rotors as well and had big time squealing. I bought the Aston Martin pads to put on the back of the pads and that helped a bit but they still squeal as I am below 10 mph coming up to a stop. They only have about 200 miles on them. Did you just drive normally to wear them down or was there continued bedding in efforts?

Old 01-24-2016, 04:57 AM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by randyb
I am curious, I had EBC red on my Evora and loved them, why do you not like the reds?
I always seem to buy EBC stuff in a pinch because it seems someone always has them in stock. I put them on a Cobra replica and found them very difficult to bed and have a disappointing initial bite until they were very hot. I don't think I'd be happy with them as a combo pad.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:04 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I don't track my car.
I replaced the factory pads on my new V8V with Porterfields R4S pads.
Smooth stopping performance, silent and essentially dustless.
Stuart can obtain these for you.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I just put Porterfield R4S pads on my V8V. Took a trip to South Florida to get some new wheels. That is about 600 miles total there and back. That was the first drive with the new pads and hardly any dust. I'm sure once they are bedded in there won't be much dust at all. They didn't squel and the seamed to stop better than the oem pads.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:42 PM
caltech is on a distinguished road
R4S and Wear Sensors

Originally Posted by larryg
Porterfield R4S
Perfect
Considering these for my DB9. Any issues with wear sensors fit?

Jim

Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by caltech
Considering these for my DB9. Any issues with wear sensors fit?

Jim
Hi Jim,

The Porterfield R4-S that we sell has the wear sensor slots cut into it. They don't make 'sided' pads so it will be in the correct position on one side of the rotor, but a couple inches off on the other. The sensor still fits the slot and will stay in place but the little groove that's cut in the caliper won't be in the correct spot for the wire. However it actually isn't all that big a deal, you just need to undo one of the clips or ties so it reaches the new position. We have sold hundreds of these pads and no issues with the sensors.

These are the ones for the 355mm rotors. If you have a recent MY car you may need the AP1291 for the 380mm fronts.
http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Vant...n-pf-front.htm
http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Vant...in-pf-rear.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com