Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Parking Sensor issue - new owner V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 AM
robertwroth is on a distinguished road
Parking Sensor issue - new owner V8V

Hi - I just recently purchased a new (to me) 09 V8V Coupe. Really love the car, but having an issue with the parking sensors. The car is equipped with the front and back set, but neither seems to be working. I've done a quick search of the forums/online and haven't found much around this.

The button on the dash never illuminates despite multiple pushes, etc. I've checked fuse f14 in the trunk (wiring diagram points to this 5A fuse as the one for parking sensors) and it looks fine. Any ideas on research/possible things that can cause this? (I'm a ways away from a dealer and I'm generally planning to do all my own maintenance on this - have all the manuals, etc but I'm not really familiar with this area).

Thanks - looking forward to lots of fun times with this car.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:49 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Did you try to put it into reverse and have someone stand close to the rear sensor, and put it into 1st and have someone stand in the front?

Sorry if that seems like a dumb question.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:05 PM
robertwroth is on a distinguished road
Yes - tried this

Yes - I tried having someone stand (and also tried just putting a big bucket about 4-6 inches away from each of the sensors) and no response. Given that the switch won't light up either I am thinking this is something electrical, but the fuse looks ok.

If one sensor fails does it shut down the whole system?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:40 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
No idea, I only ask because mine is very confusing, the light is off when the system is on, the light is on when its off, and I could never figure it out. I always end up asking someone to stand in front of the sensor to verify so I don't blindly back into a spot. Sorry that was no help!