Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Used Vantage - % off MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:21 AM
strettyend is on a distinguished road
Used Vantage - % off MSRP

Hey All,

Long long time lurker here (10+ years) since my high school days. Currently [finally] in the market for a 2012 Vantage S in the $75-$80k range and wanted to get your input on where you have seen these vehicles transacting in the last few months? Would starting at 10% below ask get me laughed at? It's a little difficult because most of the cars I'm looking at are all over the country and makes it difficult to try and structure a face to face deal.

Thanks!

Old 01-28-2016, 10:26 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I always just look through cars.com, autotrader, and forums here to get an idea where the cars are priced for the year and miles, then find the lowest price, clean example of the one I want as a reference point.

Then go to the seller (usually dealer) and use that as a reference and low ball them like 20% off the bat. Usually the ones I call I am committed to making a cash deal that second, as so not to waste their time.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the quick reply mkzhang. Wow didn't think dealers would be receptive to a bid 20% below ask up front.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
When I bought my 2007 Vantage in August of 2014 from my Aston Martin dealer (they are a 9 brand multi dealer). They had the car listed for $76K. It had only 2800 miles on it and a Aston Martin 1 year preowned warranty. I wound up purchasing the car for $69K with a few thing thrown into the deal.
Ron

Old 01-28-2016, 10:52 AM
Wow really great input guys. When I bought my 2010 C63 in 2012 they wouldn't move more than 5-6% so this is really positive news. The one car in question that has really caught my eye is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin...m=172079006117

Old 01-28-2016, 11:03 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Different dealers, due to different situations such as how long they've had it, are they used to selling exotics etc, have different threshold to pain... I mean discounts Obviously you risk offending them / pissing them off, but then the trick is to walk back from there and either work something out, or just give it some time before revisiting, or go with the next car on the list.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:37 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Different dealers, due to different situations such as how long they've had it, are they used to selling exotics etc, have different threshold to pain... I mean discounts Obviously you risk offending them / pissing them off, but then the trick is to walk back from there and either work something out, or just give it some time before revisiting, or go with the next car on the list.
It depends on the dealer. There's been one at an AM dealer in Long Island that I've been looking at. They have had it for ten months and still the highest 2013 vantage and they won't budge off list price. Stubborn so they'd rather not make a sale and have it sit on the lot.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:53 AM
AM dealers will probably be harder since they are used to selling 3 cars a year haha

I was thinking of buying a base model cayman for a daily driver, and found one that was traded in at a scion dealer in TN, I offered to trade in my old lexus at retail price, and knocked 20% off their listing, and they accepted it within the hour after we got off the phone. I felt bad because I had to back out the next day since we made a last min choice that I needed to get a dog transport capable car instead...

Old 01-28-2016, 12:29 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
I agree that AM dealers are probably higher than others, but there may be some advantage to buying it through a dealer, especially if you are doing a long-distance deal.

I bought mine from O'Gara in July 2014 and I live in ATL. After the PPI, there were a few things that needed to be taken care of. Rather than getting them handled in CA and delaying delivery of the vehicle (had to wait for parts), I was able to have them ship the car immediately and contract with my dealer in Atlanta to do the repair work.

Not sure if that is something another dealer would do, but it seemed easy to get the two AM dealers to work together.

Another bonus is that they were able to throw in some things as extras in the negotiation - AM battery conditioner, AM umbrella, shipping to GA, etc that may be tough for an independent.

For reference, I got ~5% off list, but it was also already the cheapest non-accident MY12 roadster, with under 10K miles in the country by about 8% at list, so I felt pretty good about it.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:21 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Last summer I paid $87k for a 13 6MT highly optioned and 4700 miles. Private party sale. I think you might wait until the DB11 comes out. Prices of all prior Astons will drop then.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:11 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
It all depends on dealer and car. Make the offer and negotiate from there. 10% is an aggressive discount but not unrealistic. I think you will find most dealers willing to settle for 5%-6% on a used car.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deckman
Last summer I paid $87k for a 13 6MT highly optioned and 4700 miles. Private party sale. I think you might wait until the DB11 comes out. Prices of all prior Astons will drop then.
I disagree. With a new model being high priced as it will be. More and more buyers will have to settle for a less expensive used one. I don't think you will see much of a discount from a huge dispresiation hit these cars have already taken. Not sure how some will take to the car with the AMG platform vs current aston v12. Time will tell.....

Old 01-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys really appreciate the input. Will keep you all posted on how it ends up!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:00 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Look at your budget and decide what you are willing to spend. Make an offer accordingly. They will typically refuse it or counter offer. I can't tell you how many times the dealer calls me a week or two later and tells me that they will take my offer. They need to move cars and let them know that you are in no hurry. When they are ready to get serious about selling the car let them know that your offer is serious. When I bought my car I offered 20k less than they were asking. But I waited 18 months until the right deal came my way. Plan on spending about $550 for a PPI from a local Aston Martin dealer. Most of my purchases happen after the Ebay auction expires. Make the PPI a contingency with the offer.

Beautiful car you have picked out. Hope it all works out for you!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I have a couple of thoughts. Dealers are in the business to move iron. Start low and go up. They will say no until they are making money or you are about to walk. There are more cars that buyers and they know it. The dealers will talk about how special the AM but it is still a car and they sell cars.
I think once the MB AM cars come out the older cars will drop in price. With MB engines and electrics the new cars will be more sought after and people will trade in for new AM. Also the MB AM will hold their value because of the better build quality. But we all will have to wait and see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used Vantage - % off MSRP