Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wind noise, passenger or driver's side

Old 02-23-2016, 05:42 PM
slxkrdb9 is on a distinguished road
Wind noise, passenger or driver's side

Wind noise on AM cars is often a nagging problem for owners. Unless window seals and window height is an issue needing fixing or adjustment, wind noise may well be caused by wind vortex around the rear view mirrors. For those with automatic folding, do so while driving to check any difference when folded in. If so, the likely cause is vortex around the trailing edge of the mirror housing and the edge of the mirror, specifically the space in-between allowing wind vortex to curl inside the housing that causes often a whistling type of noise typically above 50mph. To mitigate noise, seal or reduce the housing-mirror edge gap. I did so, and the noise disappeared.

On an exclusive brand like AM, such noise should never occur and suggests 'gaps' (pardon the pun) during the design process. Hopefully, AM addressed this issue with newer models.

Last edited by slxkrdb9; 02-23-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
My 2015 DB9 (bought it new) had this issue. After adjusting window seals at lease twice, I was told that this is because of the side view mirrors and AM is likely to fix this issue in the next model by moving them to the door (just like on Vanquish). It is very annoying.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:28 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
British cars all have this issue haha, my lotus and aston have a tiny leak if i spray my pressure washer at the driver window

Old 02-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Wind

My only problem has been my hat getting blown off above 180km/hr.
But I never drive with the roof closed!!

Old 02-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
On the Porsche 991 there has been a solution. Check out the 991 forum. AWE has made some wind defusiers to eliminate the wind buffeting. Something like that may help on our Astons.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:09 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the link .. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-981-991s.html

I wonder if it will work for AMs.